Print Thread
#149567 01/30/06 06:57 AM
P
Poussin Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
P
I would like to read an angsty story that I hadn't read yet. But I have read many yet, and I don't know which another one to try. I need advice. help

Could you, please, post a list of your favourites ansgty story? (I personally prefer the long ones)

Don't be afraid to post a very long list. I'd love that. (And if you feel like add a phrase of presentation of the story, don't refrain yourself wink )

I hope I could soon read stories that will make me cry mecry , thanks for your help.

#149568 01/30/06 07:50 AM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Stories that made Sara cry:

For the Greater Good by Wendy Richards
24 Hours by Wendy Richards
Clark Kent, This is Your Life by Yvonne Connell
Addicted by Yvonne Connell
Damaged by Yvonne Connell
In a Dark Time by Becky Bain
When You Needed Me Most by Erin Klingler
The People vs. Clark Kent by ML Thompson
In Dreams by Kaylle
Yellow Fever by ML Thompson
Purity by Yvonne Connell
Kidnapped by Yvonne Connell
Super Stud by ML Thompson
Masques by LabRat

There are tons more... but I've got to get going to class. Sorry I didn't have time to do links! Quite a few of these have gfic and nfic versions.

(Do you see why Yvonne is evil? goofy )

Sara (who *loves* crying at fic laugh )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#149569 01/30/06 08:53 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Maybe you've read them already, but these are my angsty suggestions: whinging What could I say? Yvonne does love torturing Clark. whinging

- What Makes a Man? by StopQuitDont whinging There're violence, hurt and loneliness. Pure angst from start to finish.

- When You Needed Me Most by Erin Klingler. Big WHAMs. whinging Lots of angst.

- 24 Hours by Wendy Richards whinging Lois is poisoned and has 24 left to live!

* also in nfic verson in Annesplace

Andreia wink

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#149570 01/30/06 09:11 AM
P
Poussin Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
P
Oh THANK YOU! smile1 smile1

There's half of the stories in your list that I don't know yet (but I will soon), and I LOVE the ones you mentioned that I know (so you have good tastes goofy laugh ).

I really thank you for your help. Someone else has stories to propose to me? I will soon have a lot more of free time to read, so I take all your ideas.

#149571 01/30/06 09:57 AM
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
The Future Series by Tank had me crying like a baby for most of the time. wave

#149572 01/30/06 11:29 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
All and above! smile1
Sara, Adreia and Julia have listed lots of my favourite angst-stories! thumbsup
I love these fics too:

Purgatory by Stopquitdont
I cried a river over this story! whinging And every time I re-read it... whinging Lois and clark's love, Luthor in the middle, plus a prison in a far land...

Burden of Conscience by Raconteur
Clark shots Trask to save his parents and Lois' life, but this event destroys Clark and Superman... whinging

Together again by Chiara Prato
eight years in the future,in a hospital'chapel, Clark hears Lois crying... her son is dying?! whinging whinging

(Yes, I do love crying at fics!)

When lightning strikes twice by Wendy Richards
A Super-powered Luthor can destroy everything and everyone, but Lois and Clark/Superman? eek

The Darkest hour (before the dawn) by Erin Klingler
When everything is going right for our favourite couple, a mad puts their lives in jeopardy...

Misery by Yvonne Connell
Clark is an all-known alien, and he's also very sick: to cure his abnormal strength, his very sensible earing, his problems with his eyes, Dr Tempus had given him kryptonide since Clark was a kid...

But I'm thinking to other stories...

simona smile

#149573 01/30/06 12:51 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
... Love beyond all measure and Dimensions of loving by Chris Mulder

Caped Fear by Labrat

Echoes of the past by ML Thompson

Nightmare on Clinton Street by Wendy Richards ...

Sorry I have no time to comment, perhaps tomorrow!

simona smile

#149574 01/30/06 06:37 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Swinging by very quickly because I noticed that Wendy's The Devil\'s Bargain has not been mentioned and it's one of the few fics that have made me literally tear up. And then of course there's Leela's Long Strange Trip , which is heartbreaking at times but is also so beautiful. And if you're looking for a long story, well, you're in for a treat. wink

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
#149575 01/31/06 12:35 AM
P
Poussin Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
P
Wow THANKS! You spoil me!

I'm so glad to have that many responses. I will read all these stories. They all look fabulous. Actually, I started yet, and I'm not disapointed.

Thank You again. You're great, guys!

#149576 01/31/06 10:04 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ohhh... I loved every post of Long Strange Trip, it's an amazing, wonderful, heartbreaking story!
I discovered The Devil Bargain only few months ago, I liked so much!

You're very welcome! I love talk about my favourite stories!
What do you say about another round of suggestions? (Probably you already have stories to read for the next months, but I can't help myself! laugh ):

Dear Lois by Shayne Terry
Lois dumps Dan and Superman for Clark, but his apartment is empty, and there is a Dear Lois letter on her desk at the Planet... misunderstandings, two lovers kept apart, war zones... a real drama! By the same author I loved the Fugue series ( Fugue and Fugue II: Fusion ), a real rollercoaster, full of angst and dramatic moments!

The "Life in a Different World" series by Mobile Richard ( Life in a different world , Life in a different world, part 2: The reluctant Superman , Life in a different world, part 3: Pygmalion and Life in a different world, part 4: It\'s Deja Vu All over again )
Two universes collide, and two Clarks switch places; our Clark finds himself in a darker Metropolis, and a very different Clark is now with our Lois... One of my favourite alt-universe series!

Without checking the water level by ML Thompson
Lois and Claude meet Clark in a dangerous place, and the drama begins! eek

simona smile

#149577 01/31/06 11:03 AM
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
How could I forget about Long Strange Trip eek wave

#149578 01/31/06 11:52 AM
Blogger
Blogger
I looked for Wendy's 24 Hours on Anne's Place but didn't see it there. Is the nfic version posted anywhere else?

Cheryl

#149579 01/31/06 12:41 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Cheryl, there is no nfic version of 24 Hours. It would be posted on the pg side, or it's also on the Archive.
24 Hours

I love all the stories posted. Don't forget to add Sara's Made to be Broken for a story that will have you tearing your hair out as you suffer along with L&C...

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#149580 01/31/06 01:58 PM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
One story I don't see posted above that I think you should read if you like angst and read nfic is Wendy Richard's Without Consent. There is no pg version of this story for reasons that will become obvious when you start reading.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#149581 02/01/06 05:51 AM
P
Poussin Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
P
What do you say about another round of suggestions? (Probably you already have stories to read for the next months, but I can't help myself!
I'm up to another round. No problem. laugh (And actually, I think that it will take me only february and maybe the beginning of March... goofy )

You can continue like that.

Thanks to everybody who made suggestions. I've readed yet 3 stories mentioned, and I'm really glad you pointed them to me. I loved them three. THANKS. I go back to read one more now.

#149582 02/03/06 12:02 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Other suggestion:

Valley of the Shadow that is the sequel to First Night , both by Carol M - Lois and Clark need to deal with being newlyweds, an unexpected pregnancy, miscarriage and evil schemes to keep them apart. sad

Andreia smile

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard