Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Okay, there you have it, complete with two different endings.

Sorry I got a bit carried away.

You can comment here if you like.

Tank (who says that he was taking the high road with these challenges and wouldn't even think of posting one until Wendy and John were well settled into their new digs)

Top Banana
Top Banana
HA HA!! I loved the Smallville (TV series) innuendo about "too bad Smallville isn't in Kansas! LOL!

Now you know, Tank, in RL, Lois would have adopted her nephew....not have sent him to London, Ontario!!!

Lois as a blonde??

THat whole thing was a lot of fun!
DO IT AGAIN

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Keep the challenges up, guys!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL, very well done and I liked the happy ending much better.

However, I think Lois would have adopted her nephew, but then again, maybe not...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I vote for the Happy Ending! Good untwist of Wendy's twistd story Tank! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Cute story. smile1

She heard him sigh. It sounded like a grateful sigh. "But you told me that story because of a post-hypnotic suggestion you were given, and that Jimmy is really the head of Intergang?"
Jimmy is not that intelligent. :rolleyes:

The Homecoming - The Happy, Bright, all is right with the world, Ending
Pick happy for me. thumbsup

Lois let out a amazed breath. "Wow, I'd forgotten what it was like to see you in action."

Clark just grinned back. "Let's go kick some Intergang butt, shall we?"

Lois gave him a quick kiss. "Sounds like a plan to me, but first, I have to go to the bathroom."
hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
I liked it but -

Lois didn't mind that Clark had a child on NK? huh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Now, that was quick. I posted this on Sunday night, and by Wednesday afternoon there are no fewer than three threads labelled The Homecoming Part 2?! Ah, but I see you cheated wink - one main part and two endings. Now, I don't know if more than one post is in keeping with the rules of these challenges... but I'll let that go, I suppose. wink

Tank (who says that he was taking the high road with these challenges and wouldn't even think of posting one until Wendy and John were well settled into their new digs)
Yes, you did indeed tell me that. I should feel very ashamed, shouldn't I? Yes, I know I really should. razz I think I only know one FoLC who'd prefer that, and I hope she's read it. wink

But, you know, that baby? Somehow I'm not so sure that an inter-country adoption is a really good idea. The poor kid would end up too far from the only family he has left, and really, crossing the border these days takes too much time. Now, isn't Minnesota closer to Metropolis? goofy (even if Metropolis isn't in Kansas wink )

Okay, it's your turn. And I say... bring it on <g>

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
very nicely done Tank thumbsup

Avatar: Michael Clarke, awesome Aussie cricket player
Kerth
Kerth
Jimmy the head of Intergang!!!? eek

Lol!! laugh

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a story! At first I was so amazed that Clark had aged on NK. Then it was so good they were back together. grumble

I read the happy ending, which I thought needed to be much longer, and filled out. grumble thumbsup I guess I'm just hard to please! frown Or maybe i want longer stories!!! grin.

Okay, I may go read the bad luck ending...but i'm not sure. The disguise Lois wore set me back. I thought she had turned into a floozy in ten years living with her 'family'. Then it clicked into place.

Okay, I'm ready for the next one.
Nancy thumbsup

It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow.
Top Banana
Top Banana
He did it! And without killing off little Clark James Jr. Whew - I was worried for a minute there. And I'm sure CJJ will have a lovely time playing in the mountains of snow he's sure to encounter so far up in the Great White North.

Have to say that the Evil Ending really was that - yikes! And I thought I pushed the envelope...

But the happy ending - glad to see Superman back in action. For a minute I thought you were going to have our slightly aged, slightly paunchy Clark donning the suit, and that was a description I would have paid to see <g>.

Lois as a blond? Cannot for the life of me picture that one.

A lot of fun, this was. Thanks Wendy and Tank!!

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Just dropping in to clear up a few things for the gentle readers.

First, the post-hypnotic suggestion was a one-shot deal and once it was triggered and had done it's job there was no longer any need for it.

I think a lot of people just expected me to kill off Jimmy. That would have been too easy of a way out and thus a cop out for a solution. The solution had to be more 'elegant' even if it made it a bit more 'far-fetched'. wink

Wendy mentions that she figured Jimmy would step aside for his good friends Lois and Clark. Let's see, the man was married to Lois Lane, and he was going to agree to a divorce? Not even Jimmy is that stupid.

The kid is the kid, he's a kid so who really cares what happens to him. At least I gave him to a kindly couple recently emmigrated to Canada.

As for the Clark/Zara child on NK thing. I kind of let that one slide since the story was getting too long anyway, so I just made a reference to the fact that they hadn't yet 'discussed' Clark's life on New Krypton. I'm sure Lois would have been VERY UNDERSTANDING about Clark's situation there. Really.

That's pretty much it. I do have an idea for a challenge for Wendy, but I'm just a darn nice guy and will wait until she and John are 'home' and settled before I throw it at her. That fact that I'm way too busy at the moment with 'other stuff' has no bearing on this.

Tank (who is hoping to get back into a normal L&C routine fairly soon)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nancy, these challenges are different from normal fanfics in that we're tied to one section each: one to set up the story and the other to finish it. So the author solving the challenge has to be selective about what s/he includes in order to resolve the problem in one section. That means that occasionally things may be glossed over rather more than in a 'normal' story. Certainly, when I've been the one resolving the challenge, I don't spend as much time on some issues as I would if it was a story of my own where I had as much space as I wanted to play around with.

Plus, these are written for fun, and aren't always taken as seriously as our other writing. wink Course, now that I've said that, I'll probably regret it...

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Merriwether
Merriwether
*shakes her head sadly* Evil. Both of you, very very evil. First Lois married Jimmy (?!), then she didn't, and he's head of Intergang... whaddatwist. Of course, I feel bad for poor Junior, no one wants him! wink

I always love your challenge stories, they give me such a giggle. I can't wait to see the next one.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
I vote for the evil ending! evil What can I say? I'm still in evil moods while it lasts, and it was well written. wink

On a more serious note, this was a clever untwist of Wendy's evil plot. And Jimmy *and* the kid got to live... so it's only fair others died. I can see that point. wink Not that I ever thought Jimmy was clever enough to even lead Intergang and even fool Lois along the way, but then, that's why he got caught, right?

Don't worry about Wendy and post your challenge, Tank! smile

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Tank

A great response to Wendy's challenge! smile1

Tricia cool

Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, I finally got around to finish reading this after Wendy gave me the first half over a week ago. <G>

I liked the whole thing, but there's one thing I was kind of dissappointed in ... Jimmy is still alive?!

Tank, you cut Lois' hair, so why not kill off Jimmy? We all know how you feel about him.

<G>

Excellent work, you two!

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Tank, I also can't believe you didn't kill Jimmy off, as you've done before, but agree that would have been too easy.

I'm happy that Jimmy and Lois were never REALLY married...can't picture that eek

Did you have to send CJJ all the way to Canada? Why not Minnesota? thumbsup

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard