Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
The story I'm writing begins in Smallville, and for various reasons it eventually becomes necessary for L&C to do some hacking. In the show's continuity they'd usually get Jimmy to do this, I think, but they don't have any particular reason to bring him to Smallville - they're just doing a favour for someone and following a wild idea - and I don't think the scene will read very well if they're just talking to Jimmy on the phone while he does all the work.

The question, then, is how good are they at hacking? Any reason to think that either of them has much skill in this area?

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Clark's not bad at hacking. He's fast so he can type a lot of trial passwords before getting the right one (Ultrawoman) and he and Lois figure out Preston Carpenter's password (THe Rival). So if it's not too complicated they can get in. You can also give him a few more skills if you want.

gerry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You could say that they've picked up a few things from Jimmy.

I just wouldn't expect them to be able to get really technical.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by gerry:
Clark's not bad at hacking. He's fast so he can type a lot of trial passwords before getting the right one (Ultrawoman) and he and Lois figure out Preston Carpenter's password (THe Rival). So if it's not too complicated they can get in. You can also give him a few more skills if you want.

gerry
That's pretty much the scene I wrote - they want to find out something about guests staying at a hotel, and Clark tries hundreds of passwords to get in to their computer system.

Okay, don't want to get more technical than that so I think it'll work if I have someone say that "Jimmy could do this a lot more subtly" or something.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard