Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Quick FFQ. In the last ep of Season 3 (Big Girls Don't Fly), Zara asks Clark if he has his ship.

According to the script , Clark's response was supposed to be, "I... know where to get it."

I want to know what he actually said in the ep. Was it "I know where to get it," "I think I know where to get it," or something else? Also, how confident (or hesitent) does he seem? (Is the pause from surprise at the question or uncertainty about whether or not he can get his hands on the thing?)

Unfortunately, my copy of the ep is currently packed away.

So, can anyone check for me? I'd appreciate it. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
"I know where to get it." is correct. There's not much of a hesitation between "I" and "know". So I'd probably go without the elipsis. smile

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
Columnist
Just watched the clip. When asked he and Lois are standing next to each other and he has his arm around her waist. After being asked the question by Zara Lois and Clark look at each other before he answers "I know where to get it."

I find that he knows where it is very strange since there was never any indication that when Trask removed it from the Bessolo Warehouse that he knew where it was. We know it was in Smallville during GGGoH. However all that stuff was packed up and taken away by Trask's men. There was never any indication that they were all caputured or that anything was recovered. I'm sure if it had been recovered by the sheriff's office in Smallville Lois would have known about it and there would have been all sorts of questions.

So for me the big question in this episode is not how he said "I know where to get it," but how did he know where it was and why hadn't he hidden it. He doesn't have it because in the episode with Mindy Church when they make the virus she says she bought it.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
excellent question, kmar. He came out with "I know where to get it" and we're all sitting there saying "since when?!?"

My theory is that while they were wrapping up "the Handyman" he led them to the ship. Maybe they managed to put Mindy away after all, somewhere between episodes <g>

My other theory is that the writers just didn't care wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, Sara! Just what I needed to know. smile

Ooo, and thanks for the additional info, Kmar. smile

As for how he found the ship, it's possible that he figured out that Intergang had it once his head cleared from being sick.

I'm working on another explanation entirely, though...

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
excellent question, kmar. He came out with "I know where to get it" and we're all sitting there saying "since when?!?"

My theory is that while they were wrapping up "the Handyman" he led them to the ship. Maybe they managed to put Mindy away after all, somewhere between episodes <g>

My other theory is that the writers just didn't care
I actually found that rather odd because Mindy framed Joey Bermuda yet that is the last we hear of Mindy and Intergang altogether. I highly doubt that Intergang was dismantled for good after that not with all the resources that Mindy had.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Columnist
Columnist
When I posted the reply I had the order of the shows wrong but still I would think that Mindy would have held on to the ship and hidden it. It could still prove useful. After all when we see the ship it is in Mindy's lair not Joey's. Also their is no way he would have spilled the beans about the ship right away any way. He would be in police custody which would mean Clark would not have access to him. And limited access as Superman. Also Joey would have tried to use the ship as a plea bargaining chip so he would not have revealed anything about it right away - waiting to get booked, waiting for his lawyer etc. That gives Mindy just loads of time to hide the ship. So again how did he know where it was and why hadn't he taken it and hidden it away somewhere safe.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard