Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#148965 11/12/05 04:52 PM
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I meant to do this a couple of weeks ago. So sorry that I'm late!

What's this fundraiser thing all about?

As most people will remember, we are organising another fundraiser for our favourite Lois and Clark fanfic/FoLC Productions websites. These sites are available freely for all our enjoyment, but they cost money to run - to say nothing of all the many hours of time their owners/managers put into them.

The sites I'm talking about are:

The Lois and Clark Fanfiction Archive
Annesplace, incorporating the Nfic Archive
The Fanfic Message Boards
FoLC Video , hosting fan-made videos, trailers and fanfic movies
The new Kerth Awards site

This fundraiser will be launched some time in the early spring, possibly around Kerth time. More details of how we will collect donations will be available then. To help us raise money, we are creating a DVD of FoLC productions which will be available in return for a minimum donation.

What will be on the DVD?

Fanfic - lots of stories, by many of our fandom's favourite authors. So far, we have stories in from:

• Pam Jernigan
  • ML Thompson
  • Tank Wilson
  • Wendy Richards
  • Marnie Rowe

And we have stories promised from, among others, Chris Carr, Nan Smith, Sheila Harper, Jenni Debbage, LabRat, Saskia, David, Alexis, Yvonne Connell, Paul-Gabriel Weiner, Julie Stars, Tracey, Sara, Kaylle, Irene Dutch, Carol Moncado, MissyG and a real treat: a jointly-written story from the keyboards of Erin Klingler and CC Aiken! smile1 (If I've left out any of our volunteers, please forgive me!)

Trailers - many stories will have their very own trailer, created by one of the many excellent trailer-makers in the fandom. Trailermakers on board include Sara Kraft, Kaethel, Pam, Poussin, Andie, Anna Belcher, Elena, JenniJac, Wendy and the incomparable Pelican!

Fanfic posters - stories without trailers will have posters, created by one of the highly talented artists in the fandom. Don't know what a fanfic poster is? Take a look! . Postermakers include Julie, Laurach, Anna Belcher, Poussin and AnHaquier.

And Videos - videomakers signed up to the project include AltKerth winners Jen and Rachel, along with LoisLaneWannaBe, David, Andie, Anna Belcher, Erica, JenniJac, Kaethel, LabRat and Poussin.

Again, if I've left out any volunteers, please forgive me and don't hesitate to correct me!

Artwork for the DVD itself will be done by LynnM, Julie and Anna Belcher.

The Fundraiser Committee would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has offered to help so far, and even more so to everyone who's submitted work. We couldn't do it without you!

When does stuff have to be ready by?

We set a deadline of 30 November for the submission of stories. All stories wil be submitted to LabRat at the address below and clearly marked as Fundraiser submissions, as they will be GEd. The reason we want the stories so early isn't only to allow the GE process to go ahead; it's to give the trailer and poster-makers time to do their work.

Posters, videos, trailers need to be with us by the end of February 2006 - earlier if possible. All trailers and videos will be betaed, just to check for any errors. Videos, trailers and posters should be submitted to Sara Kraft, who is in charge of the FoLC Productions division - email her and she'll let you know how to submit, if you're not already on her mailing list.

Any other questions? Post below or email any of us. Thank you for your attention!

The Fundraising Committee

LabRat <labrat@blueyonder.co.uk> - Story Division
Sara Kraft <skfolc@gmail.com> - FoLC Productions Division
Julie Stars <stars_julie@hotmail.com> - FoLC Productions (Artwork) Division
Anna Belcher <banannafolc@hotmail.com> - FoLC Productions (Artwork) Division
Yvonne Connell <yvonne@lcfanfic.com> - General Management Division
Wendy Richards <wendy@lcfanfic.com> - PR Division

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi all:
I want to contribute to the sites and definitely want the fabulous CD, but I don't have Paypal. Who do I send an actual physical check to? Probably you want someone in the US to collect the money from the fans here.
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey Artemis! smile

Yes, we'll be asking for regional collectors fairly soon, as we get closer to the launch date. There'll be an update post some time in the next week, with story authors and titles!, as well as vidders and trailers and so on. We're getting close to this being ready!

Thanks for your interest.

Wendy smile
Fundraiser Subcommittee - PR Division wink

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard