Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
WTG, Tracey!! smile1

Pam - clap clap

Alexis - hang on in there! Keep feeding that Muse chocolate.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
No writing on Wednesday (cleaning house) or Thursday (cooking, eating, and cleaning).
508 words on Friday.
No writing on Saturday (grading) or Sunday (responding to outlines).
512 words on Monday.

<sigh> It's going way too slow, but I've written 7575 words this month. More grading tomorrow, but maybe I can sneak in some writing, too.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Features Writer
Features Writer
Small update:

Yesterday I wrote: 211 words.
Early this morning I typed: 1,233.

I'm about two scenes away from being done with the writing and then it will ALL be typing! laugh

Thanks for the support everyone! love

Kerth
Kerth
I hadn't seen this topic before, but I had made an unofficial promise to myself and Carol Malo to finish my second ever story by Thanksgiving. And I made my deadline! smile It's 32 pages / 13,749 words long, which is roughly double the length of my first story. Gerry has beta read it, and Carol is finishing up with reading the ending. I should begin posting to the boards soon.
Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, Susan! smile

We are definitely going to have to do this again.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Um...what counts as finished? laugh

What with Buffy-sitting last week (who is so high maintenance that getting any serious pc time was impossible) and coming down with a sickness bug the past couple of days (which means I've spent most of that time sleeping or upchucking <g>) I've had no chance to open the file.

I think with a final push I'd still get it finished though. But...erm...that would be first draft finished. You know me - the Rewrite Queen. I'd probably have to rewrite bits of it a dozen times before I'm happen with it.

But do think I can make it to complete story with no gaps in it and 'The End' written at the bottom by the 30th.

Does that count?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just dropping in to tell you all that I have done abysmally.

That's it.

Chris

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
/me joins Chris.

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwwwwww - but don't give up, Chris and Anna. So what's a little deadline between friends? Keep on plugging away and so long as we get a story in the end, we'll be happy. smile1

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Yup! I agree with Rat! Don't give up, guys! I'm not. There's no way I'm going to finishe my story by the end of this month, but that doesn't mean that NaFinWipMo wasn't a success! If it motivated you to write, then it worked! thumbsup Keep plugging away, as will I. We can do it! laugh

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Okay quick update!

I spent most of my day writing so in that case I'M DONE!!!! YAY ME! I wrote 1,400 words today! My biggest number so far.

I won't however but "officially" done until it's typed up and sent off...so you can all imagine what I'll be doing into the wee of hours of the night. wink lol

I'm just excited that I almost have another story completed (my second) and it's for the Fundraiser! smile1

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I stole half an hour and wrote another 107 words. This is hard because I'm hitting the end of the semester and students are turning in make-up work and revised essays, as well as their normal work, so all I seem to do when I'm not at work is grade assignments. Ah, well. Grades are due in 15 days, and I'll have lots of time after that.

Sheila Harper

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Woohoo!!! Great job, Alexis!! smile1

107 is better than nothing, Sheila! smile

I've had nothing written for the past two days... or was it three... Unless you count essays and literary analyses. wink

Sara

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

P
Columnist
Columnist
P
I didn't had time to write a word sunday.

Monday, I had many hours free straight, and since it's pretty unusual, I used them to read the fundraiser story I was assigned to to do a trailer, and I did the trailer. So I hadn't written a word either.

Yesterday, I didn't have time. It's funny how quickly the time goes when we're student and we have a job at the same time...

And today, I wrote a little during my lunch break.

Actual word count: 8349
Previous word count: 7266

So today, I wrote 1083 words. I've finished part 5. I was hoping to write the firsts 6 parts before the end of the month. I've failed, but I think I did great nevertheless, since I wrote 6783 words since november 12.

So, even if I hadn't meet my deadline, I won't give up, and I hope that all the others in my situation won't either.

Congratulations to all the one who succeed to finish their stories in time: Tracey, Pam, Groobie, LoisLane9397,...

And special congratulations to the ones who finished well before the end of the month. You did great! We all have something to read because of you. Thank you.

Features Writer
Features Writer
YAY! I'm officially done! I emailed my story off to LabRat today. goofy

Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Congratulations, Alexis! And everyone else who finished. That's brilliant! smile1

Well, November is over and so, therefore, is NaFinWipsMo... for now, at any rate. I know we'll do it again!

For me, this has been a huge success. I finished a long story that had been languishing on my hard drive for months, and I also finished (all bar a short conclusion, which my co-author will write) a shorter fic. And I almost managed to finish a third mid-length story.

The nightly word-count duels on IRC were a major part of getting this done, for me. Sara and Pam, you were such a great help! It really, really helps that this is a group effort: we all encourage and support each other, and that's fantastic. Thank you so much!

Congratulations, too, to everyone else doing this. Okay, so not everyone actually finished their WIP, but you all made progress. Some of you made a huge amount of progress, more than in a long time, more than you ever believed you could in a month. Sara, your 20,000+ extra words is wonderful - well done! thumbsup

And let's do this again some time!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Well, I managed to squeak in an extra 358 words in the last few hours of November. laugh

I'd love to claim the 20,000 + words, Wendy... but I'm afraid it wasn't quite that much. :p

Here's my tally for the month:

14,065 words written
33 pages written

And... I don't believe I wrote that much in a month. smile1

I'm so glad this was a smashing success for so many people!!

I'll still be FinWipping in IRC until I'm done. Should we call it IGFTSIITLTID? Yes, it's not as catchy, I know. But, really, I'm going to finish this story if it's the last thing I do. smile

Sara smile

Features Writer
Features Writer
Thanks everyone for your encouraging words during all of this, I really appreciated it! smile

I hope we do this again sometime soon! thumbsup

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, us! smile

goofy It took me 13 months to write the first 25,000 words, and one month to write the last 20,000.

Wendy, I enjoyed the word count duels, too -- I don't think I ever beat you, but it was fun giving you a run for your money!

We are definitely going to have to do this again sometime -- and Sara, keep going and try not to let it kill you, okay? smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I didn't get my story finished, but I never really expected to. With the 207 words I wrote yesterday, my total for the month was 7888 words, about a third of what I'd hoped for, but it was definitely progress. Now I'm sitting at 13,656 words.

Sheila Harper

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard