Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, the Muse ambushed me again in the wee hours of the morning - just about to drift into sleep and she starts scrolling out tons of really interesting dialogue. Had to get up finally, fire up the pc, and tap away furiously at the file for half an hour to shut her up.

So...wrote another three pages. I've gone from 8 pages a few days back to 14 now. Even better, at least some of what I'm getting down on screen is intriguing me into wanting to write more. Been a long time since that happened. So I'm getting pretty confident I might actually finish this.

Yay, me! <G>

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Three pages in half an hour, LabRat? You definitely have a muse.

I wrote 347 words yesterday, mostly a set-up scene I hadn't realized I needed before the one I had been looking forward to. I have the entire story plotted out, so I know what's going to happen, but I don't know how, and it takes me forever to figure it out. Since I'm obviously such a tortoise rather than a hare when it comes to writing, I'd better keep up my steady plodding.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Since I'm obviously such a tortoise rather than a hare when it comes to writing, I'd better keep up my steady plodding.
Yeah, I tend to be the opposite in recent years. There was a time, once way back, when I would religiously write a certain amount on my current WIP each evening. Then I'd spend my lunch hour at work the following day, editing, tweaking what I'd written the night before. I felt enormously guilty if I took a night off.

These days though, I tend to work in rapid bursts. Go for four days writing zilch, then do as I did last night - get a sudden burst of dialogue or solutions to plot problems I've identified just popping into my head (usually just as I drift off to sleep) and then I have to type, type, type to keep up, before I forget it all (which I'm quite capable of doing in a split second.) Luckily, I'm a pretty fast typist. <g> So when the Muse gets on one of her rolls, I can usually pretty much keep up with her.

I think I'd much prefer steady as she goes, mind you. But at least the rapid bursts get me further ahead in leaps and bounds. So I guess whatever works I shouldn't complain too much about. laugh

I'm just really enjoying the fact that this is happening again. It's been a long time since I've had to keep a notepad and pen beside the bed for those early morning Muse attacks. wink So I'm having waaaaaaaaaay too much fun in the last two weeks. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Congratulations Wendy!

That's really good news, LabRat.

For my part, I'm most slow. Like I said, I didn't have time to write these last 3 days (really busy week-end), and today, I write a little.

Actual word count: 3147
Previous word count: 2684

So today I wrote 463 words. But part 2 is finished. I hope to be faster on part 3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, let's see... I think I got some written on Friday... the weekend was a total loss. Partially a plot problem -- just not sure where I'm going next -- and partially a time problem. My kids are out of school, so we've got things to do and they can disrupt my chain of thought at any particular moment. To make up for that, I'd been staying up late, but then I'm short on sleep, so I'm too tired to write... it's nuts. smile

I got some written today, haven't typed it in yet so I haven't got a word count. I should probably be typing that instead of chatting here, huh?

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just to let you know, my word count has gone up a little. However, progress continues to be painfully slow. I might have something written by the end of the month, but it is far more likely that I won't. Who knew that November could be so busy and exciting?

Chris (who is off to sample life in a Big City for a few days...)

P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Actual word count: 4688
Previous word count: 3147

So today I wrote 1541 words. I am so glad! It's not often that I write that much. My muses were in overdrive. I hope to keep it that way in the next days.

If I keep it that way, I should be able to write the 6 firsts parts of my story before the end of the month like I was hoping to do. And if I'm very lucky, and that my muses stay in overdrive like today, maybe I'll be able to write the 7th part as well.

Right now, the 3 first parts are written.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Checking in before I crash:

211 words Monday and
436 words today (Tuesday).

At one point, I thought I'd be halfway done at 30 pages. I'm on pg. 29, and halfway is probably 10 pages away. This story keeps growing, which is good for my story but bad for my deadline.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Keep it up, everybody... Poussin, that's terrific! dance

I had several off days, but yesterday, somehow, I got up to 1600 words smile which brings my daily average back up where it needs to be.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Features Writer
Features Writer
I started typing out my story and so far I've done 379 words. smile

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Ooh! Great job, Alexis!! Keep it up! Poussin and Sheila and Chris and Pam and Wendy and Lab and everyone else!!

I haven't updated in a while, so I'll just give my total word count for November. smile

12,993 words and I'm just stunned that I've written that much! Motivation really helps. smile1

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm in that really rotten situation of desperately wanting to open the file and get more done, but not having the time to really sit down at the pc and concentrate right now. razz

We're looking after our friend's dog till Saturday, which doesn't help. So, hopefully, once Buffy is back home I'll get the chance to do more!

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
I didn't have time to write yesterday, or the day before that. That's too bad since my muses are really prolific right now. But today, I had a little time, and I make up for it.

Actual word count: 6151
Previous word count: 4688

So today I wrote 1463 words. And I've finished the part 4. Yeah, me!

I will have time to write tomorrow, but not sunday. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to keep the rythm tomorrow. I'm so glad. The beginning was difficult, but now, it works well.

Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
That's fantastic, Poussin! smile1 And Sara, you're really doing well.

Chris, Sheila, Alexis, Missy, Dave, everyone else who's still working away: keep it up, keep telling us how you're doing and remember, every little helps! It's all progress, all words that wouldn't have been on the screen if you hadn't written them. So well done!

I'm still writing - currently shifting between two short stories, one of them co-authored, so I'm still around on IRC to word-count-duel with anyone who wants to be motivated. wink Sara actually beat me at least once lately! laugh

Congratulations to everyone for making it this far! Keep up the good work and carry on dropping in to tell us how you're doing - and, hey, the rest of you FoLCs out there, how about some more cheerleading? goofy

All together now...

We WILL finish these WIPS... wildguy wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Checking in... when I posted that I was joining this challenge, I had 3,654 words on my story. As of today, the word count is 7,021. So it is progress! Small, but progress nonetheless!

Tracey smile (chanting "I will finish this story!")

Merriwether
Merriwether
Write! Write! Write! Write!

Cause I want to read the finished products. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
actual word count: 7266
previous word count: 6151

so today I wrote 1115 words. A little less than before, but that's still good.

I guess I should try to sing "I'll finish it" when I'm with my family. That way, they will force me to write to make me shut up, and I'll write more. laugh

That made 5700 words since I joined our group 12 days ago. Not too bad.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey guys, I'm so excited!!! I finished my story for the fundraiser (and look, Rat, before the 30th!! Don't fall over <g>). The final word count came in at about 9,700 words. Thanks to Wendy and Pam for this challenge - I don't know if my story would have been finished if it weren't for this push! I liked reading this thread, and watching all the other writers working hard to churn out their word counts. It motivated me to write, knowing that everyone else was, too!

I'm done!! Woohoo!!!

Tracey smile (feeling like party right now!)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Excellent, Tracey! dance

Poussin, anywhere over 1,000 words a day is pretty good in my book! Sara & Alexis & LabRat... may the Muse be with you wink

I'm so glad so many people have jumped in on this... the group dynamic has been great, and very motivating... have I mentioned that my WIP is mostly Fin? I'll need to do some editing, but all the scenes are written. I'm quite amazed at myself laugh

Just over 20,000 words written this month. And I never would have done it without y'all smile

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Features Writer
Features Writer
On 11/20 I only wrote 43 words. confused

Last night I wrote 216 words.

I'm so close to getting my fundraiser story done. I just need to find the energy to do it. I hate it when my body says one thing and my mind does another. razz

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard