Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
It was raining off and on and I had nothing else to do for most of today, so...

Previous word count: 7105

Current word count: 8108

Which means I wrote 1003 words today. My record. smile

Dave

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Congratulations, Nan! Well done!

David, Missy and everyone else who's joined us recently - welcome and successful writing! smile1

I'm doing pretty well still. Apart from one or two days when I don't get a chance to write, I've been managing about 2000 words a day. That's about five or six pages, depending on density of text.

And the success of NaFinWipsMo is this:
When I started, I had about 41,000 words and something like 100 pages. Now I have:

Total words in file: 65792

Total pages written: 178

Total words for November: around 25000

Story remaining to write: I'm in the final stretches and think it won't be much more than 20-30 pages.

So thank you, everyone, for the group effort and the nagging - it really does work. laugh

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yep, this has been very helpful to me! I've consistently written less than Wendy per day... but hey, there's nothing new about that! goofy

I started this with just over 25,000 words. I now have nearly 39,000! I'm pretty impressed with myself, considering this thing was started *last* September and sat untouched for months at a time...

Keep on writing, everybody! You may or may not meet your goal, but you've made progress! 40 words is better than 0 smile

PJ
who's written a grand total of 93 words so far today... but with any luck will do better later...

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yeah, I keep telling myself that any writing is better than none. I don't know what's been happening to my weekends, but this is the second one that was a total wash:
Friday--16 words
Saturday--100 words
Sunday--568 words
Monday--640 words.

I was sort of disappointed that I was only hitting about 600 words each of the past 2 days instead of 770, but maintaining that rate would still be better than what I've been doing any other time this month. Besides, I finally finished Act 1, which puts me about 1/3 the way through ... and halfway through the month. Well, I'll keep trying. Without the push of NaFinWipsMo, I wouldn't be this close.

I started the month with 5768 words that had taken me the entire month of October to write, and in the two weeks since November 1, I've written another 4563 words, so this is working much, much better. I've got to get in the habit of leaving a little note that says [fix this later] instead of struggling with individual scenes, conversations, etc.

/me chants: Get the story down, get the story down. Edit later!

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
previous word count: 1566

actual word count: 2130

so I wrote 564 words today.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Here's the good news. I'm about to make all you guys look really, really good.

Here's the bad news. My word count hasn't gone up in days. Okay, so I have some handwritten notes that will help up the number of words when I can find the time to put them on the computer, but... Here's what my last week looked like:

Tuesday: work during the day. Evening spent travelling. Night in a hotel that, quite frankly, verged on being sleazy. The owners had nailed down everything that they possibly could, no free biscuits with the complimentary tea / coffee, a choice of films that raised the eyebrows... Don't get me started on the bedspreads...! And this was the fairly expensive hotel my employers had arranged for me to stay in! At least there was a sturdy chain on the bedroom door.

Wednesday: up very early. More travel. Day long meeting, which was both useful and interesting. Wednesday afternoon / evening. More travel. Meeting with friends. smile smile

Thursday, Friday, Saturday: Great fun with said friends. We did a lot. Had a lot of fun. But writing wasn't very high on my agenda.

Sunday: Travel. Made notes for the story on a train. Then two and three-quarter hours on the bus. I can't write on buses. I can barely *read* on buses! That's okay, though, because the scenery is too beautiful to ignore, anyway. Got home, by which time it was almost dark. (Not that that means a lot. It gets dark pretty early here.) Had to cram my weekend chores into one evening.

Monday: Work. Then useful stuff that had to be done in the evening.

Tuesday: Work. Unscheduled nap in the evening. Now off to bed.

What makes matters worse is that I'm likely to be on holiday later this month, so I'm not sure how practical it will be to write anything then.

Oh, well. Now everyone else looks really good. Maybe that's my role in this -- to 'come last' and make everyone else shine in comparison! wink

Chris

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You're still looking better than me, Chris. razz And I don't even have the excuse of a hectic social life or job. laugh

Am determined to have it done by the weekend though. Am bolstered by the fact that since it's such a simple story, it should NOT be that difficult to write.

Course, that's never stopped Lois and Clark dashing off at a tangent and producing a whole new A plot or sudden bad guys before without asking permission, so....

:rolleyes:

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I know all about that. A story that was meant to go one way suddenly assumed a life of its own, but fortunately, my original character, Mortie, was able to solve several problems for me at once. Of course, the new universe I created for the story may come into play in the future. You never know.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Since when are simple stories easy to write? /me looks at hard drive full of half-written vignettes. My muse must have missed that memo wallbash

Kaylle wink

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL, Kaylle. Should be. Because it's mostly of the simple 'X did A, B and C' variety. Considering how long I've been writing, this should not present much difficulty.

However, as you point out, from past experience, it's more than likely those are the very bits I'll get stuck on and find impossible to put down just so. razz ( /me remembers the ridiculous amount of hours it took her once to write 'he walked across the room'. :rolleyes: )

Wrote another page last night though, after posting here. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
previous word count: 2130
actual word count: 2280

So today I wrote only 150 words. I'm ashamed.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, 150 words is better than no words, Poussin. Which is my total for today. wink

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hi everyone,

I'm busily working on my Fundraiser story, which happens to be a short story I'm basing off of notes I found from a long time ago!

This thread got me inspired to keep a word count!

On 11/12 I wrote: 316 words.

Today I wrote: 361 words.

Total: 677

laugh

P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Previous word count: 2280
Actual word count: 2684

So today, I wrote 404 words.

That's less that I hoped since I won't have much time to write this week end but that's still better than yesterday.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Way to go, LL! smile You inspired me to go count the words in my fundraiser story... it's 3,112 words, lock, stock and author's notes... Yours may not even end up being that long -- lots of my stories seem to be very short laugh Anyway, steady progress is good.

Poussin, you did more than twice the amount than the day before! That's excellent! Keep it up.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Features Writer
Features Writer
Thanks. smile

This is a really great thing to get me motivated because I have many stories going, but I've only completed one and uploaded it to the archive and that was a long time ago. Now, I'll finally have two stories done!

I wrote a little bit today (11/17/05) and that was 247 words.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just a quick note before I'm off to work:
Tuesday 113 words
Wednesday 118 words
Thursday 322 words.

I'm kind of stalling because I'm doing some transition scenes before I get into the next important one. When I start on that one, I think I'll be writing a little faster. Hopefully I can get some writing done this weekend in between the grading and housework. (You probably didn't know that was the subtitle of one of the L&C eps. "Neverending Battle: marking and grading compositions" wink )

Sheila Harper

E
Columnist
Columnist
E
Well, I would do it, except I'm doing NaNoWriMo instead. Maybe I'll use December to finish up the other stories I have laying around on my hard drive. smile

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well. Yesterday wasn't brilliant in terms of writing - going to see the new Harry Potter film took quite a lot of my usual writing time away. Not that I'm complaining - it's a fantastic film. smile1 But I only got around 500 written.

So, for this report, I'm going to report yesterday's and today's combined.

Words written: 2339
Pages added - 7 or so, I think
Total words in file including notes: 74568
Total words in file with notes deleted: 73178.

Page count for completed story: 203.
Word count for completed story: 73178. wink
Words added since NaFinWipsMo started: about 33000.

Yes, I'm finished!!!! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, Wendy! Congratulations! You wouldn't have any trouble making the 50,000 words in the NaNoWriMo.

I only got 158 words on Friday and 235 words today. However, I made it to the scene I've been waiting for, so I'll get started on it tomorrow when I can keep my eyes open.

Sheila Harper

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard