Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
All right. I'll bite. laugh

I want to finish a story for the fundraiser, finish a certain ASU rewrite by the end of November and have at least the first scene of a certain other story done.

Dave

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap clap clap

Keep it, you guys. smile

c

Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Congratulations and welcome to everyone else who's signed up! And don't forget to keep us informed of progress. smile

Thanks for the encouragement, Carol - nags are very definitely welcome here! thumbsup

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Progress... Oh, yeah. blush

All right, keep in mind I've got *gads* of homework I'm doing at the same time...

Away From the Sun Progress:

Tuesday: 20 words
Wednesday: 14 words
Thursday: 1010 words goofy

Sara (who stayed up way too late last night, but owes her muse *lots* of chocolate laugh )

Oh! And PS - NAG wildguy NAG wildguy NAG wildguy to the rest of ya! wink

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Accountability is the name of this game. When I've participated in BIAW (Book in a Week) contests, we had to log on and give our page count (we were all typing manuscript pages, so it was easy to track) each day to stay in the program. Having to log on and admit that I didn't write shames me into writing each day, even if I don't reach my goal.

Thursday, I only wrote about 30 words, but last night I got my 770 done in one sitting. Okay, it was still only about one day's writing in two days, but I did one day's worth in a single day. Now I know I can put in a full day at work and still write three pages at home. But the other thing I learned is that I can't do it at my laptop, which is in the living room with my husband, the TV, and the Internet connection. I'm too easily distracted. hyper

So I'm off to finish my grading and class preps for this coming week. When I'm done, I'll get started on my WIP. Since it's the weekend, maybe I can write more than my daily quota. laugh

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Good luck, Sheila!!! smile1

Wendy, Dave, LLWB, Pam, AnnaBtG, Nan, Bananna, Gerry, Beverly, Capes... smile1 razz )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
ROFL! Oh, this is so much fun - in another word, it's actually feel-free-to-nag-every-single-author-you-adore-month, and *not* feel guilty about it. Is this Christmas? Wohoo!!

Good luck to you all!! smile

Pelican

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Congratulations, Sheila! And everyone else too! goofy

Me: nothing today, because I've been out all day. But in the time since NaFinWipsMo started, my progress is as follows:

00:00 hours 1 November:
41,000 words approximately and 109 pages.

22:56 5 November:
49,849 words and 133 pages.

I do have some editing to do next - thank you, Jill, my amazing medical expert! notworthy - but once that's done I'll be making good progress again.

Keep up the good work, everyone! And, Pel, the nags are greatly appreciated. laugh

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I haven't written anything today because I've been running around taking care of everything I haven't been able to do all week. However, I hope to make up for that tomorrow.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
smile1 Yay, there'll be a lot more fics to read. goofy

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, all right. I'll sign up for this. <Gibber, gibber, what on earth am I thinking of? Am I out of my little mind?>

I'm trying to write my fundraiser story, but I have a very low word count at present. This wouldn't be a bad thing, except the story won't let me know how long it wants to be. It was supposed to be reasonable short, but new scenes keep demanding to be written, and not in any useful kind of order, either.

So, as much to give you a laugh as anything else, here are my word counts as of the end of each day:

1 Nov: 1595
2 Nov: 2253
3 Nov: 2830
4 Nov: 2830 (I was out all day -- work stuff)
5 Nov: 2911 (Again, I was out -- fun stuff, this time. Huge amounts of fun, in fact, with two seperate events on one day. All day meeting relating to non Lois and Clark activities, followed by bonfire night shenanigans down by the loch. Now I know what a Big Event looks like in a very small town. wink )

Actually, the current state of affairs may not be quite so dire as this suggests. I do have some hand-written prose just waiting to be typed up, so that might nudge me over the 3000 word mark. wink

I might have some spare time today, though next week is shaping up to be busy.

Chris

P.S. In case anyone is interested, the story is called Life In Sepia.

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Chris is writing something for the FR too?

Okay, that's it.

I'm making a donation *NOW*. wink

Dave (who actually has to get his hands on a credit card first, but considers that a minor setback).

Edit: Thought I should throw in an update...

As of November 1st, An Affair To Remember sat at 6 366 words.

After deleting 814 words and rewriting the last scene, it stands at 6 555, with about 800 words I can recycle later on. <g>

Haven't started the certain other story and the FR story still looks dismal, but... I *am* in the middle of my exam period. grumble

Hopefully it'll pick up once my exams end. smile

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, I've got to get my fundraiser story written as well, and so seeing as it's currently only about halfway complete, this very well may be just the thing I need. Finished WIP by the end of the month, that's the goal, right?

All right, guys, the file's open... I'm going back to work! Good luck to all those who are participating, and thanks, Wendy, for extending the invite!

Tracey smile (feeling motivated! <g>)

Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Congratulations to everyone else who's signed up lately! I hope we all get our WIPs finished. smile

Well, I got nothing at all written over the weekend. We were out both days and busy otherwise. Today, though, was better. Even though I had to do some editing - Jill corrected some of the medical stuff wink - the plot's been advanced to an important point and I think I can say I'm about 2/3 finished now.

Words written today: 2596
Pages written today: 6 or so, though hard to say given I added in stuff earlier
Total word count now: 52446

Total written since NaFinWipsMo started: around 11000 words. I can't be exact since that 41000 I cited at the start wasn't precise as I was allowing for notes - but 11000 in a week sounds pretty darned good to me! smile1 Thanks to everyone who joined in with this - knowing there are lots of us doing it is really helping. smile A special thanks to Pam - our 'writing duels' on IRC have done a lot to keep me focused when part of me would be very happy surfing the net or playing stupid games instead of writing. razz

Well done everyone else, too - keep it up!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Forgot to log in before bed last night...

I'm taking Sundays off. smile

Monday's word count: 977 (two words over my goal, woo-hoo! goofy )
Total new words for the month: 7,172
Total words: 32,722

I've got eleven parts out of, I dunno, fifteen? Hard to predict but I'm getting the big plot problem resolved Real Soon Now, so then it's just wrap-up. It's just that there's a lot to wrap up... I'm starting to think about posting this story. eek

And I snagged a beta-reader, which is pretty good -- seems all my usual betas are off writing novels or some such thing wink

Wendy, you're welcome; it's definitely been motivating for me, too. And the whole story is, well, not exactly inspired *by* you, but inspired by a conversation *with* you, in Annette's kitchen, so I figure I owe you one.

Anybody who wants should join us on #loisclark in the evenings -- all word counts are applauded; even if you only manage 12 for the day, goofy it's 12 more than nothing!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
I may have to bow out. I managed to write about 2,000 words (approx.) and get ahead on my fic, but then RL kicked me square in the face and the muse just left the building.

I don't know when I'll get back to my story.

gerry frown

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry to hear that, Gerry! We were thinking of trying this again in the spring, though (April?), so you may yet get your chance. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
This thing doesn't seem to work for me. I've only managed to go over parts 1-4 so far frown I think I'm inwardly procrastinating because I don't really know what I want to do with this story. I've been considering abandoning it, Archiving it as it is, re-writing it, deleting all the parts that are giving me a hard time, splitting it in two seperate stories... and I still can't make up my mind about it. Argh.

On the bright side... I'm done polishing the first 18 pages! goofy

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I ended up writing a short waffy story instead of finish my other one blush

This one will be on the boards the day after Thanksgiving (25th) so keep your eyes open!

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Anna, progress is progress, even if it's not as much as you'd hoped for! So well done, you! (And I know what you mean; massive edits are very discouraging -- I've tried it several times and almost always end up by giving up) (Oops, I'm supposed to be *encouraging* here. Sorry! goofy )

And while this may technically be a month for finishing WIPs, believe me, we won't object to new WAFFy stories laugh

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard