Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Capes Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Okay, as I've been out for a while, I need some help re-integrating. whinging So, if anyone knows what I'm talking about, could you help me out?

"Heaven's Prisoners"--yes, there is one on the archive, but it's not, ahem, the one I remember--is there still an nfic archive somewhere? Demi doesn't have a site anymore that I can get it off of.

Is there still a fic listserve or is it pretty much all MBs now?

Did Run9Lives ever finish that story? I think that's what the author's name was. Lois was on the lam. It was really long and kept coming in segments now and then.

Does anyone still use the IRC channel for chatting or was that done away with?

Did Karen Ward ever finish her sequel to "Nightmare on Hyperion Avenue"?

And finally, I know what Kerths, nKerths, and alt-Kerths are, but what is a Merriweather?

Thanks!

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Heaven's Prisoners"--yes, there is one on the archive, but it's not, ahem, the one I remember--is there still an nfic archive somewhere? Demi doesn't have a site anymore that I can get it off of.
The Nfic Archive is hosted at Annesplace . You'll need to apply for the password on site. And don't forget to wander around - there are a lot of other interesting things on there, like the Showcase interviews with authors, for example. Lots of fun. <g>

Is there still a fic listserve or is it pretty much all MBs now?
There is still a fanfic mailing list. I haven't used it for a long time, but there are plenty of FoLCs around here who still do, and I'm sure one of them can find the url for you. EDIT: Tracked it down, you can signup to the list here

Did Run9Lives ever finish that story? I think that's what the author's name was. Lois was on the lam. It was really long and kept coming in segments now and then.
I know the one you mean - On The Run by Plan9Lives, I think it was - and, no, it was one of those stories consigned to oblivion halfway through, I'm afraid, AFAIK.

Does anyone still use the IRC channel for chatting or was that done away with?
There are currently two main irc channels. You'll need to sign up and get the password for both. You'll find the signup pages here:

#lanekent: Actually when I tried the link for the channel on the Archive links page it came up page not found. Anyone got this?

#loisclark

Did Karen Ward ever finish her sequel to "Nightmare on Hyperion Avenue"?
Not sure about this one, but I think the answer is no. Karen left the fandom not that long after completing NOHA and a sequel isn't on the Archive, so I suspect not.

And finally, I know what Kerths, nKerths, and alt-Kerths are, but what is a Merriweather?
Someone else was asking about this just recently. There are quite a few posts dotted around the mbs on the subject, but this is the initial M-Comm post which sets out the aims of this new award.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Capes Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks, Labrat. While I am disappointed about the two unfinished stories, such is life. I will now be plagued by this until the end of time.

I will now go sign up at annesplace so perhaps I can finally locate Heaven's Prisoners and Caped Fear.

It seems like this was less complicated back in the day, but I will strive to overcome my confusion!

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
While I am disappointed about the two unfinished stories, such is life.
I call it my bus theory, Capes. I refuse to read any story until I know it's been completed. Just in case the author is run over by a bus before they write the ending and I'm left desperate to know what happened next. laugh

Course...sometimes I get tempted and all reckless and dive in there anyway. Well, you have to take chances in life now and then, don't you. wink

It seems like this was less complicated back in the day,
And LOL. Yeah, it probably does seem a little bit of work to start with. But once you're all set up and have all your passwords in place, it should be easy enough to find all the stories you could ever want.

Happy hunting!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
C
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
C
I hope nobody minds the thread hijacking, but I'm in search for a particular fanfic. I procured the archives up and down, yet I couldn't find it.

It's one of the revelation fanfics (I like those best). Lois flies into Metropolis, the airplane has some kind of trouble. and Clark, who just outed himself as Superman, saves the airplane.
They latter meet at the ariplane again, because Calrk left rather obivous hand-inprints behind, which he now trying to smooth out, and Lois came to lift his fingerprints off the plane.
Lois befriends the Superhero, who helps her find a flat and such, they aggree to not reveal each others identity.
Lois gets work at the Daily Planet, and is partnered with Clark, with the usual results.

Does somebody of you remember the name of that fanfic?
Thank you

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmmmmmmmm. I seem to recall an irc round robin fic that was about Superman saving a plane from crashing. Not coming up with the title though. Think Phil Atcliffe may have been part of the writers' group though, if that gets us any closer. Always assuming this is your story, Chaos. goofy

Even if it isn't, I probably now need to figure out the answer, or I'll drive myself nuts trying to remember the title of that one.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think this is the first part of Missy Gallant's Strangers series. You'll find all five stories in the series on the Fanfic Archive .

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
C
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
C
smile Thank you, it was the Strangers Serie.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just in case the author is run over by a bus
goofy

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Blogger
Blogger
Originally posted by Chaos:
I hope nobody minds the thread hijacking, but I'm in search for a particular fanfic. I procured the archives up and down, yet I couldn't find it.
Ditto.

In 2003 there was a fic called 'New Heights' by Irene D. Was that ever finished, possibly under a different title?

Quinolones!!
Columnist
Columnist
I'm very embarrassed to tell you that no, I haven't as yet finished New Heights. That doesn't mean that it won't be finished, just not yet.

Sigh.

Sometimes I hate Real Life!

Irene D.

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Blogger
Blogger
Originally posted by Irene D.:
That doesn't mean that it won't be finished, just not yet.
No need to be embarrassed. That you write 'yet' is more than enough. Finished or not 'New Heights' is a fascinating bit of storytelling. smile

Quinolones!!

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard