Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Top Banana
Top Banana
Finally I get it! It's DuckyMan by AliciaU lol

I find this very funny:

Lois, what...happened to these carrots?”

“Oh, that’s not my fault. The recipe called for shaved carrots, but the grocery story must have been out, because I couldn’t find them anywhere. So I had to make a substitution.”

Clark’s jaw dropped and he sputtered for words.

“What?”

“Carrots don’t come already shaved. You have to shave them yourself.”

“Really? With what? How?” Ridiculous visions of her Lady Gillette razor flitted through her head.
simona smile

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Oh, I beta read that one. I helped her brainstorm some of the crazier things Lois did. It's something by Annie M. Lois makes dinner for Clark and she has disaster after disaster -- and she is jealous of Lana -- and the whole thing is absolutely hillarious! But I am drawing a complete blank on the title, and I am too lazy to look it up.

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Top Banana
Top Banana
little help: this story is a Kerth Nominee wink

simona smile

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
That does, of course, only rule out two of Annie's stories. :p

It's Desperately Seeking Clark by Annie M .

Try this one:

Their eyes locked, and suddenly Clark felt compelled to say something. "Lois, will you marry me?"

The suddenness of the question took Lois back for a moment, but she quickly recovered and found herself saying, "Yes!"

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, Dave you stumped everyone! goofy
Dang this is a toughie. wink

~•~
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
How about a hint then? wink

It's a story by a certain Monarch... of the cloth variety. <g>

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Top Banana
Top Banana
It is "A little Bit of Fluff" by Queen of the Capes

smile

Ok I'm back... Here's my funny moment...

"Cows don't like to be kept waiting when
they need to be milked."

"I guess not," Lois agreed, grimacing. "Nothing like a
deadline that protests loudly when you miss it!"
Any guesses? wink

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Top Banana
Top Banana
I know! I know! It's something by Nan... or Wendy...

YES! hyper It's The best year ever by Wendy Richards!
So lovely and tender story! blush

Back in a few...

I've got it:

"So," he said, sounding for all the world like someone still having a
leisurely conversation over Chinese take out. Just a Kansas farm
boy, huh? "Are you shot at often?"

Lois smiled, unable to resist her chance to tease him again. "And
just what makes you so sure they're not shooting at you?"
He wasn't so easily thrown off balance this time. "Oh, darn. I
forgot. I never should have robbed that bank. Those Smallville cops
will track to the ends of the earth.
simona smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I know this one! I was just re-reading it the other week smile It's Between Floors 7 and 8 by Jessi Mounts, and it's really an adorable story.

Okay, it's taken me ages to find something, and I hope someone hasn't already used it:

Scardino's stomach lurched in a way he hadn't felt in quite a while. In fact, he'd not felt anything quite like it since Lois had thrown him over in favour of that do-gooding boy scout, Clark K-

No, he thought. He wasn't going to think about that.

He concentrated on the woman he'd just spotted, felt that delicious lurch again, and decided that it was enough to say that he hadn't felt anything quite like since Lois. (Well, there had been the incident with a dodgy prawn vindaloo last month, but that had been less of a lurch and more of a roil, and Scardino was pretty certain that didn't count.)
PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aha! That's Chris Carr's A Match Made in Chicago . Great story - and I love those Dan lines. goofy

And here's another one...

"You know. You're the villain, you've got me tied up and you're about to dispose of me -- now is the perfect time to explain everything, since of course I'm not going to be able to do anything
about it."

Comprehension dawned. "Oh yeah, right, like on TV. Well, forget it. We're not characters in a TV show, and--"

He was interrupted by a whooshing sound as a streak of sound, light, and movement invaded the warehouse, zipping around faster than the human eye could follow. When the whirlwind ceased, Lois was standing free next to the chair, and Clark was chained in her place. In front of them both stood a young hero in a blue outfit with splashes of red and yellow. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and did his best to look stern.

"Oh, you saved me!" Lois gushed. "But who are you, stranger?"

The hero shifted uncomfortably, and mumbled, "Mo-om! Stop it." He squared his shoulders once more and stated firmly, "My name is Whirlwind, and I'm here to help."
Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Pam Jernigan's Lessons

Superb! laugh

Ok, next...

"I'm not sure where he is, Perry."

"Liar," Clark replied.

Lois ignored him to continue to answer Perry's question.
wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
smile1

Lois and Clark hadn't gotten through the door and been into the main ballroom more than three minutes before Jimmy Olsen, dressed as Robin, the Boy Wonder, sought them out and cornered them. "Whoa,CK, Lois -- nice costumes."
Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
the Costume : an L&C vignette
by Tank Wilson

try this one:

She gazed at him for a while and she noticed that his covers had been thrown
off. She knelt next to him and pulled the covers up a bit. Her hand traveled
further up to his face as if to caress him, but without touching him.

"I love you so much..." she whispered.

Clark opened his eyes wide. Despite the darkness in the room Lois noticed
this. She clapped her hand over her mouth, almost as if she had said
something wrong, or as if she were fearful of something. She suddenly got up
and drew back from him.

Clark stood up, seeing her reaction.

"I'm sorry... I wouldn't... I shouldn't--"

Hello...DUH!!!!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I know that one! It's " Threats for Clark ," by Chiara Prato.

So, who can guess this one?
He was as oblivious to what was homing in on him, bearing down on him like a
Mack truck, as a blind rabbit grazing unwarily on discarded cabbage in the
fast lane.

K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Ooh, I know! Okay, I cheated a little because I knew this was Labrat but I had to check to see which story. But you can't mistake Rat's style there wink

Anyway, this is Rat's Burnout (for which we are still waiting for a sequel! Nag nag nag!).

Okay, here's the next one, from an author I'm stunned we haven't seen yet because she always cracks me up laugh

Two quotes because I couldn't decide on one. wink Think of the second one as a hint, because the first one's harder to identify.

The very next day, she fell from the observation deck of the Metropolis Planetarium. Up until Lois nearly died, it had been a wonderful night.
"Open manhole" and "STAR Labs break-in" had already been checked off. "Held at gunpoint", which had seemed like a pipe dream when she'd written it, had been made possible by Clark, himself. Lois checked it off with no small satisfaction.

"Next up, man-eating shark."
Kaylle

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I have to confess that I had to go look it up, too. blush It sounded awfully like me, so I was pretty sure it was...but I couldn't for the life of me think which story it came from. :rolleyes:

Anyway, this is Rat's Burnout (for which we are still waiting for a sequel! Nag nag nag!).
I'm on it! I'm on it! Well...the Muse is...tentatively...on it. I was kind of thinking of trying to put it together for the Fundraiser DVD, but I realised that Lynn and CC gave me so many great ideas and suggestions to include, that I think I want to take my time with it. (No laughing at the back there. I know it's been something like a decade I've been 'working' on it, so taking my time sounds somewhat ironic by this point goofy )

Besides, the thought of converting it to PG13 in just a few weeks, once I'd read the file and realised just how much nfic was in there, was just...well, let's just say, too much like hard work. laugh

LabRat (still trying to figure out what to submit to the DVD instead... eek )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That's CC Aiken's wonderful Clark Uncaged . Great story! And your comment about the author not being featured here yet almost put me off, Kaylle - at least one of CC's stories has been used in this thread. wink

Here you go - another one to test your memories. wink

Looking at the still large stack of papers on his lap, Lois ventured, "And what else? I'm almost afraid to ask."

"Well, there are a whole bunch of different ones here that I'm sure you'd get a big a kick out of as I did, but it's not just the stories I find interesting--it's some of these authors. Take these stories, for example."

He handed Lois another large stack of papers. "They're written by some morbid guy named Grenade...no, Tank," he corrected, leaning over to verify the author's name on the top sheet. "I mean, what must his life be like to write such depressing endings for *fun*??"
Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
I know this one. wink Cheated to remember the title, but I know I read it before, so there. <g> Hilarious story! Clark\'s Bedtime Stories By Erin Klingler .

Back with a new one:

"NOW, HOLD ON A MINUTE HERE!" he shouted, waving his arms.

Everyone in the courtroom stopped what they were doing, and turned to him in amazement. Even Lois looked surprised.

"Mr. Kent?" the judge asked with a roll of his eyes. "What do you think you're doing?"

"This is crazy!" Clark exclaimed, looking around to include everyone in the room in his comments. "How could you possibly have found her guilty? This episode has plot holes so big you could drive a truck through them!"
Guess away smile

Julie wink

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh, I haven't checked this thread in a while, but I had to jump in with the answer to this one. It's Kathy Brown's hilarious rewrite of The People v. Lois Lane: Now, Hold On a Minute Here!

This will be an easy one, I think...
A science-fiction geek with a sense of humour? Stifling a grin, Lois replied, “Well, I’ve never danced with an evil interplanetary overlord before, so I guess I could give it a
try.”

Darth inclined his head. “I’m honoured.”

She went into his arms in an easy movement, and found him an excellent dancer. “They must teach you well on the Death Star.”

“Subliminal programming,” her partner deadpanned. “Uploaded to our brains every night as we sleep. The Empire doesn’t like wasting time.”

“Efficient,” she agreed. “Do they also pre-programme you to treat women as equals? Because if not I’m not sure that I can afford to be seen with you...”

“Women, equals?” Darth queried. She could hear his incredulous tone even through the distortion of his helmet. Actually, she thought, he had to be really hot under there, especially given that his outfit was made of PVC too. “That does not compute,” he said solemnly.

Lois rolled her eyes. “You’re supposed to be Darth Vader, not Mr Spock!”
Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Sorry, Wendy, I checked the previous pages and didn't see her anywhere, but maybe I missed it. At any rate, I recommend the story (and the author) to anyone who hasn't read it!

And I know this one (what kind of Star Wars fan would I be if I didn't? laugh ) but I just got one, so I'll let the next person guess smile

Kaylle

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard