Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
snarla2 Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Thanks, Kathy, I'll take your suggestion, and repost my question here. smile1

I'm familiar with the archive, but it would be interesting to get specific story titles. smile

snarla2

Cub Reporter
Member # 400

posted September 10, 2005 03:57 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the plot reminds me of several L&C fanfics

That movie sounded pretty bad to me, but I'd like to read the fics that you mentioned, Kathy. Are they here on the board?

Snarla2

KathyB

Editor in Chief
Member # 6

posted September 13, 2005 11:51 AM
I'm sure posting in Fanfic Related would get you a slew of titles, Snarla. There have been many stories over the years (which can be found on the Archive) which have dealt with Clark going away (to NK, or losing time somehow, or L&C meeting in their younger days and being separated by circumstances) and returning to find Lois has a child already.

Off the top of my head, I can think of Sheila Harper's fabulous "Faster Than A Speeding Bullet" (there was an original version set I believe in S3, then a post-marriage reworking of it for TUFS) and ML Thompson's "Without Checking the Water Level". The first NK story like that which comes to mind is Piper's "Three Grandmothers" (though that's a bit different, because Clark doesn't come back).

I know I've read many others, though. Start a thread in FF Related, and I'm sure others' memories will be better than mine this morning.

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Snarla, there's also Sara Kraft's wistful, angsty Wherever You Will Go . A slightly different twist on that plot is Yvonne Connell's Kidnapped! . And there's Journey\'s End by Lori McElhaney. Those are all stories involving Clark going to New Krypton, but there's also ML Thompson's Cause and Effect , in which Lois and Clark meet years before Clark comes to the Planet, and when he meets her again she has a child.

That's just a few off the top of my head...

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
Three stories I love have this background:
"Purgatory"(I cry all my tears everytime I read it), "Not a day", "Mixed signals", all by Stopquitdont.
Another great story is "Together again" by Chiara Prato (also a weeping session for me)

simona smile

snarla2 Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Thanks for the suggestions wave

Snarla2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard