Next Thread
Print Thread
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Can I ask if you're currently intending to submit a story for the Fundraiser DVD that you email me and let me know you're out there beavering away with the Muse? <g>

Just wanting to get a vague idea of potential story numbers we can expect, so that I can coordinate with Sara on the vidding side of things.

Letting me know you're planning to write something won't commit you to actually turning up with the goods or anything. wink

Thanks!

LabRat smile
labrat@blueyonder.co.uk
Fundraiser Committee [Story Division]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I just saw the information about the fundraiser stories, so I'll take the plunge and say I'm planning a story for it. (Maybe that'll give me the incentive to write some L&C fic again.)

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Sheila. thumbsup

(Maybe that'll give me the incentive to write some L&C fic again.)
You and me, both. laugh I'm hoping for a similar miracle, although as we speak, my Muse is in firm Butterfly Mode - flitting from WIP to WIP and unable to decide which she wants to settle on. :rolleyes:

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Thought I'd let you know that after several false starts, I finally think I have something, so hopefully I'll have it ready for you by November.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I came up with a story, too. It's plotted, and I'm some pages into it now, so I hope it'll be ready by the end of November.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good to hear. Keep those Muses chocolate-fed! thumbsup

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I was thinking of it.. hoping my muse would like a shot at it... hoping, wishing, praying, begging - help Poking and tickling the muse here at any rate looking to see if anythning comes to the surface.

keep penning,

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Can we get a reminder on the deadline for this? I'm sure it said somewhere in the original thread, but I'm being lazy and not looking it up wink

Kaylle

LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
November 30th, 2005 , Kaylle.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
You know, I really shouldn't try to do stuff like this and cook at the same time. I am now going to have to remove melted sugar and plastic from my stovetop because I turned on the wrong burner. Don't ask.

What I wanted to know was where we send our stories for editing when we are finished with them.

Nan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nan, completed stories should be sent to LabRat, exactly as you would if you were submitting for the Archive. They then go through exactly the same GEing process before being sent for collation for the DVD.

And, by the way, many thanks to all of the talented, generous authors who are giving their time to write stories for the fundraiser! thumbsup

Wendy smile
Fundraiser project: PR division wink

Just a fly-by! *waves*
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Just here to brag -- my story for the fundraiser is done (or, well, almost done. Still doing a little more nit-picking before sending it for editing). So now I can sit back and think of all you guys out there slaving away, worrying about that November 30th deadline. laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Curse you, ML! Mine's been stalled, half-done, for nearly a month (what with the surgery and the painkillers and the fatigue and the other things), and now here you come with --

Hey, wait a sec. New ML story!! Woo-hoo! party

Paul, still hoping to finish the derned thing, and still thinking that it'll turn out to be his longest story to date -- or at least darned close...

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Woohoo!!! Wonderful news! goofy )

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ooh, you're special, Wendy goofy I've sent in my story, but haven't yet moved on to the GE stage, let alone poster/trailer. Question -- do we as authors get any input into the poster or trailer? Or do we have to wait for the DVD to even see them? smile

PJ
(yay, ML story!)

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Whooohoo!!!

/me is doing a happy dance... dance dance dance

I had a plot bunny come and tackle me with the end result of Labby getting emailed my completed submission in the o'dark of the night. smile

/me feels accomplished... cool

keep penning everyone,

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
Columnist
Columnist
TO ALL YOUR AUTHORS keep working at it. I'm sure their are many of us Folcs looking forward to this fundraiser. I trying to send out good vibes to all of you to get your muses on the job. Come on MUSES GET TO WORK we adore you. clap dance hail

I somehow missed the other thread on this and just read it. This sounds like a terrific fundraiser. DVD, CD or Download. I have dial up and I can tell you downloading is not a problem if the story is submitted as a whole. Opening a long story may take about a minute but saving is instanteous (sp). So as a dial up user I would find a fundraiser site fine if the stories are posted in their entirety.

LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Things are starting to come together nicely, with the first few stories trickling in and our vidders and poster-makers already busy. It's all very exciting!

Sadly, so far, my Muse is being stubborn on the story front. But she is co-operating nicely on the music vid. So at least I should have something to contribute. wink And, well, there's still a few weeks to go to that deadline, so I'm not counting her down and out on the story either. laugh

LabRat smile (off to track down that perfect clip of Clark looking soulfully at his one true love... goofy )

The Musketeers
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I'm about a third of the way into the story. Hopefully I can keep it short, as my writing time is being severly impacted by babysitting and fixing up the house. We have an appraiser coming in next week, and the place has to look good (an almost hopeless task, but maybe we can at least get it in shape to pass the refinancing hurdle.) Hopefully I'll be able to sneak in writing time here and there, and I should be able to finish before the deadline. <crossing fingers>

Nan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm here as a confirmed customer. I need to snail mail money though because I don't do paypal.
cool
Artemis
Yo-Ho-write-ho. Keep those keys working! smile1 if you don't wallbash Then we'll love you all.

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard