Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Phoenix Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
P
I've been a Lois and Clark fanfic reader for several months now, but always stayed away from Alt-World stories. I liked Alt-Clark enough on the show, but I figured that I would always be more interested in our Lois and Clark. On a whim, however, I decided to read CC Aiken's "Through the Window" and "And Back Again" and was bowled over. It truly is a whole new world to explore!

I went over the past Kerth winners and nominees in the Altworld/Elseworld category, but I was wondering if some of you might have favorites that aren't among those. I'm not that interested in elseworld stuff at the moment; I'd prefer to read fics of the Alt-World Clark we actually met on the show, and his lost Lois that fanfic has apparently found. smile

Any and all suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Columnist
Columnist
I love Alt-Clark, so I can give you a few recommendations. smile

My absolute favorite is Kaylle's In Dreams . You can see the trailer I made for it here .

Another really good one is The Late Great Lois Lane by CC Aiken. You can find Sara Kraft's trailer for it here .

ML's Without a Superman Series just won the Alt-Kerth for Best Tempus Story. There are three parts: Clark Kent\'s Quest , Lois Lane\'s Quest , and Superman\'s Quest .

I'd also recommend Addicted and Damaged by Yvonne Connell. I haven't read them yet, but I've heard they're really great. I can't find the original post for the trailer, but it's the first one in the second post here .

And after you get finished with those, I know Sara Kraft is working on finishing a story called Away From the Sun, which I believe is an Alt-Clark story. The trailer looks excellent, and I've read a few bits of it, so I'd recommend checking out the fic once she starts posting.

I'm also working on an Alt-Clark story called Someone To Love. It's getting *really* close to finished, although I don't really know how long it'll be before I start posting. Soon, hopefully. smile

I hope that helps, and I'm sure others can give you even more great stories to read!

~Anna

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'll second Anna's suggestion of ID. I also must throw in Chris Carr's extraordinary series -- An Extraordinary Man and EMII -- Trials and Triumphs .

Thing is, those are both past Kerth nominees and ID won.

That's the problem with asking for non-nominees. The best stories get nommed. Especially when you're talking about a limited category like Alt Universe.

While I'm posting, I will take a sec to mention The AltClark Letters , but I think most of the fun in that was participating.

Not sure what else to suggest off the top of my head.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'd recommend Elle Robert's pair of stories, Fast Enough , and When The West Wind Moves . They chronicle altClark's life before we met him in the series and I found them absolutely fascinating, especially Fast Enough.

Yvonne

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
I have to chime in a agree with everyone else's reccomendations. The ones Anna listed are among some of my all-time favorites!

Thanks for reccomending my trailers, Anna, as well as my soon-to-be posted story! sloppy

I'll be back if I can think of any other stories, but the ones already listed are a *great* start for your reading list, Phoenix! Hope you enjoy!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Here are two of my favourite alt-fics -- Jeff Brogden's "Then Came You" which has one of the 'best alt Clark meets his alt Lois' scenarios ever, and Hazel's "A Certain Point of View" which is the only fic I've ever read that made me like Lana. smile

c

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I love Leela's "Long Strange Trip"!! It's a very long reading but definitely worth it.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Shayne Terry has a couple of winners with Alt. Lois and Clark in Fugue and Fugue II: Fusion. They received Kerths a few years back. Shayne is posting again on the Fanfic boards. Yeah! Here's the achieve spiel:

Fugue - 289Kb
As the world mourns the apparent loss of Superman, a mysterious drifter tries to make sense of his shattered memory, sudden flashes of superhuman power and the images of a dark-haired woman that haunt his dreams.

Fugue II: Fusion - 444Kb
Superman has returned, but Clark must deal with his sense of loss and a dangerous government conspiracy. Meanwhile, Lois heads for Metropolis, determined to take her destiny into her own hands.

Anne

S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
Lots of wonderful stories!

Jeff Brodgen's "Two become one"
Margaret Brignell's "Only you" series
Yvonne Connell's "Addicted", "Damaged", "Fear of discovery" series;
Chiara Prato's "Lois's return"
Carol Malo's "Connections: an alternate story";
Nan Smith's series beginning with the "How I spent my Christmas vacation" story;
and if you like to think there is more than one alternate universe:
ML Thompson's "Without a Superman" series
Mobile Richard's "Life in a different world" series;
Wendy Richards's "Strange visitor from the Congo";
Wendy Richards and Tank Wilson's "Soul...Mates?";
Yvonne Connell's "Kidnapped!"
Leela "Long strange trip"
Chris Carr "An extraordinary man" I&II
... probably many more I don't remember in this moment!

simona smile

P
Phoenix Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
P
That's quite a good lot to start from. Thanks, everyone!

S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
you're welcome! Happy reading! smile

simona smile

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard