Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#147731 06/08/05 05:13 PM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
hey everyone.

i've been wondering about this fic i read a few years back where (at least some of) the following happens:

lois is kidnapped by nigel (lex may be there too?) in her own apartment. clark, as superman, goes to save her, but the kidnapper(s) have green k and supes ends up jumping (or falling?) out a window.

very strange scenario; can't remember the fic name. any takers?

thanks!
-ug

"Oh--as usual--dear." -Giles
#147732 06/08/05 05:20 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey UG. smile LTNS. How goes?

Sounds like an old Tank & Wendy challenge, but I can't remember which one offhand... Sorry I don't have the time right now to go browsing through again, but if you check the archives for stories they've coauthored (under W or R for Wilson, Tank and Richards, Wendy) I think you'll find it.

EDIT: Okay, I had a bit more time than I thought. Just went through the archives. Was this the story you were looking for?

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#147733 06/08/05 07:02 PM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
paul! how's things? you were certainly right when you said LTNS.

actually, no, i don't think this story was the one i was thinking of (though this one was very funny). thanks though. i'll keep looking for it.

ps--it goes well. high school graduation this weekend! goofy see ya 'round!

#147734 06/09/05 03:12 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
At first I was thinking Love Beyond All Measure but there wasn't any falling out of windows in that one, I don't think. Maybe you're thinking of the end of An Extraordinary Man, part two ?

Anyway, welcome back to the playground for the summer! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#147735 06/09/05 05:46 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, it could be ML Thompson's First Comes Marriage . I think a lot of the elements fit - I'll probably have to read this wonderful story again to find out...

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#147736 06/10/05 02:47 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by KathyM:
Well, it could be ML Thompson's First Comes Marriage . I think a lot of the elements fit - I'll probably have to read this wonderful story again to find out...

Kathy
I think you're right, Kathy. IIRC, Lois found out that Clark was Superman, so she stormed off to a motel by herself. While Martha was on the phone with Clark, Lois went out and got herself kidnapped. Lex had kryptonite cuff links, I think (or was it a ring?), so Clark grabbed Lois and dived out a window, nearly getting himself killed in the process. Lex, meanwhile, met a rather interesting fate. I don't remember if Nigel was there but Gretchen Kelly was.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#147737 06/12/05 07:40 PM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
yes that was definitely the one! thanks kathy and roger (and everyone)! thumbsup

-ug

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard