Print Thread
#147718 06/08/05 04:26 AM
D
Dave Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
I've been re-reading Tempus fic the past few days, getting in the right frame of mind for alt-Kerth noms, and I remembered someone mentioned they thought Tempus was a reincarnation of Luthor (I can't remember who, sorry :p ), which got me thinking...

Anyone else think HG Wells came back as Jimmy?

David (who'd be happy to stuff either in that locker of CC's laugh )

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
#147719 06/08/05 12:23 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmm. I don't know about the HG Wells/Jimmy thing, but I always believed Tempus was a reincarnation of Luthor, since he was the one trying to marry Lois in Soulmates, and doesn't seem to appear in L&C's lifetime (he's from the future, after all).

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#147720 09/17/12 03:45 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Julie S:
Hmm. I don't know about the HG Wells/Jimmy thing, but I always believed Tempus was a reincarnation of Luthor, since he was the one trying to marry Lois in Soulmates, and doesn't seem to appear in L&C's lifetime (he's from the future, after all).

Julie smile
I know this is old but I've thought that way too as it would explain (sort of) why Lois and Clark are interacting with the image/ soul of Tempus when it's about a curse that has Luthor involved in " Soul Mates."

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#147721 09/20/12 05:52 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Jimmy as HG Wells....Jimmy as Herbus Interruptus mark II. Perfect. It might explain Jimmy's prowess with computers, too.

Tempus. Personally, I always saw Tempus as a Lord Nor reincarnation. Tempus's main mission is to destroy what Clark and Lois built and barring that, to destroy Clark. Lord Nor's similar objective was to displace or destroy Clark.

Anyway, the first time I saw Lord Nor with the tire-treads-as-vest uniform I double checked to see if he was really Tempus, given Tempus's fashion sense.

I think that Lex's curse was the full strength Revenge. Lex only became (dangerous as) Clark's romantic rival afterward. I think he could safely be left out of a Soulmates type story. Actually, I kind of think it could be a cool way to emphasize the "wrongness" of Lex being with Lois.

Shallowford
#147722 09/20/12 07:25 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
[b] Hmm. I don't know about the HG Wells/Jimmy thing, but I always believed Tempus was a reincarnation of Luthor, since he was the one trying to marry Lois in Soulmates, and doesn't seem to appear in L&C's lifetime (he's from the future, after all).

Julie smile
I know this is old but I've thought that way too as it would explain (sort of) why Lois and Clark are interacting with the image/ soul of Tempus when it's about a curse that has Luthor involved in " Soul Mates." [/b]
Actually, I heard/read somewhere (don't ask me where, I can't remember) that Soul Mates was originally written as a Lex episode. Then, for whatever reason, they couldn't get John Shea. So they swapped out Lex for Tempus instead of scrapping the whole episode.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#147723 09/21/12 05:14 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Shallowford:
Jimmy as HG Wells....Jimmy as Herbus Interruptus mark II. Perfect. It might explain Jimmy's prowess with computers, too.
This makes sense.

Tempus. Personally, I always saw Tempus as a Lord Nor reincarnation. Tempus's main mission is to destroy what Clark and Lois built and barring that, to destroy Clark. Lord Nor's similar objective was to displace or destroy Clark.

Anyway, the first time I saw Lord Nor with the tire-treads-as-vest uniform I double checked to see if he was really Tempus, given Tempus's fashion sense.
Wouldn't that make Trask Tempus's reincarnation in the current canon?

I think that Lex's curse was the full strength Revenge. Lex only became (dangerous as) Clark's romantic rival afterward. I think he could safely be left out of a Soulmates type story. Actually, I kind of think it could be a cool way to emphasize the "wrongness" of Lex being with Lois.
Interesting point.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#147724 09/21/12 05:15 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
Originally posted by Christina:
[b]
[b] Hmm. I don't know about the HG Wells/Jimmy thing, but I always believed Tempus was a reincarnation of Luthor, since he was the one trying to marry Lois in Soulmates, and doesn't seem to appear in L&C's lifetime (he's from the future, after all).

Julie smile
I know this is old but I've thought that way too as it would explain (sort of) why Lois and Clark are interacting with the image/ soul of Tempus when it's about a curse that has Luthor involved in " Soul Mates." [/b]
Actually, I heard/read somewhere (don't ask me where, I can't remember) that Soul Mates was originally written as a Lex episode. Then, for whatever reason, they couldn't get John Shea. So they swapped out Lex for Tempus instead of scrapping the whole episode. [/b]
It's that reason alone that made it feel like it jumped the shark at the time I watched it. My head canon came about primarily from hearing about the fact the Shea had turned down the opportunity to return (believing that the Luthor arc could be safely resolved after the clone arc.). Tempus without that mental justification just makes it feel completely out of character for Tempus (as his modus operandi was almost entirely time/universe based while Luthor's was more domestic trouble.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard