Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#147465 05/10/05 06:45 AM
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I was thinking today about a story that I read some time ago. It was an alternate universe story. I can't remember it all that clearly (which is why it is driving me nuts smile ). In it, for some reason, Kal (I think he was called Kal instead of Clark) had tried to kill Lois. If I recall correctly, Kal was working for Lex Luthor. And Lois was interviewing him or something. (Okay, so now I'm beginning to think I'm crazy). Does this ring any sort of bells for anyone?

wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#147466 05/10/05 07:28 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You aren't crazy. laugh I think that is Mis-KAL-culations by TEEEEJ. Until part 8 there was a PG version. Part 9 was posted 07-05-2005 in nfic folder. Maybe TEEEEJ'll edit it to PG version (a too hard task, I believe blush goofy ). It matches your description. wink

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#147467 05/10/05 08:02 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
The series that comes to my mind is "The Saga Continues" by Joel Schudt. There were several parts, and I found it a really interesting series. (I beta-read the first handful of them.) In this series, our Clark and Alt Clark team up to stop an evil Lord Kal-El (from yet another universe) who is working with our Lex Luthor.

There is another story niggling at the back of my mind, though, but I can't seem to come up with an author or title for it ... I seem to remember a story where Lois is a freedom fighter in a Metropolis that has been taken over by the New Kryptonians, possibly led by Lord Kal-El. But I can't recall much more than that ... I think I might have beta-read it, or the beginning of it, and it was years ago ...

OH! Wait, I think I found it ... looking, looking ... yay!

Is it "The Darkness Within" by Lyds?

Clark Kent becomes trapped in a world where the dark Lord Kal-El has left Metropolis in tatters, and Lois running for her life. Clark must find a way to correct a horrible wrong and bring Luthor to justice.
http://lcfanfic.com/stories2/darkness.txt

Archive says it was a Kerth nominee in 1999. smile

Kathy (who is feeling extremely proud of herself for coming up with this story, considering it came out in 1998. The little hamster was working overtime on the wheel in my mind, believe me! I can't believe I actually was able to remember enough to go looking for it. <g>)

#147468 05/10/05 08:12 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
There is another story niggling at the back of my mind, though, but I can't seem to come up with an author or title for it ... I seem to remember a story where Lois is a freedom fighter in a Metropolis that has been taken over by the New Kryptonians, possibly led by Lord Kal-El. But I can't recall much more than that ... I think I might have beta-read it, or the beginning of it, and it was years ago ...
That also sounds like a story that was removed while in the middle of posting, because the author was accused of plaigarism for some of her other stories. Shame, too, because I was wondering how that story would end. huh Ah well.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#147469 05/10/05 11:00 AM
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Andreia, the story I was thinking of is finished.

Kathy, The Darkness Within. I think that's it. Thank you. I'm not going crazy laugh .

Karen, I remember that story, too. It's not the one I was thinking of. But like you, I really wish I could know the end of that story. It has haunted me since she quit posting. That was the story where I quit reading stories in parts. It was just too hard on my curiosity not to get the end of a story. <sigh>

Thanks, everyone.

wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
#147470 05/10/05 01:50 PM
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I just reread The Darkness Within. That was definitely the story I was thinking about. I kept wondering how, if a story started with Kal-El trying to kill Lois, what was she doing interviewing him? I'm so glad to know that I wasn't going crazy laugh

wave

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard