Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#147349 04/17/05 02:18 AM
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
It's official, the Alt-Kerths have returned to Folcdom! We now have a Committee of three, with Rachel as our new addition. We're very glad she has joined us.

We've set up a list of categories and have put up most of the eligibles as well. If you feel there's something missing, or have other suggestions, than please let us know. Just take a look at: http://www.banannaland.com/alt_kerths.htm

The dates are as following:

Cut off for eligibility: April 30 2005
Nominating: May 29 - June 11 2005
Voting: June 26 - July 2 2005
Ceremony: July 9 2005, 6EST

So if you have anything that you want to make eligible, post it or let us know where we can find it before the end of *this* month.

At the moment, it looks like there will be quizzes al well to refresh our memories and more generally, for the fun to start. More information will follow about that soon. Sara has volunteered to do them for us this year. Thanks! thumbsup

The Alt-Kerth Committee
~Anna, Rachel and Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#147350 04/17/05 02:31 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Woohoo! Thanks, guys, for all your hard work!

Just one thing - don't know if it's just my pc or if others are having the same problem - but I'm finding the light grey lettering on black background very difficult to read on the website. In, fact, had to give up reading it, to be honest as all that squinting was giving me a headache.

Quizzes! Excellent idea! I'll look forward to those. smile1

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#147351 04/17/05 03:11 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice! I didn't have any trouble reading the text, for what it's worth. It was a little small, but you had a *lot* of things to list in the eligibles list! eek I can tell there's been a lot of hard work put into this already, and I'm looking forward to this whole award cycle smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#147352 04/17/05 03:26 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
For me, it wasn't so much that the text was small as it fades right into the background and is almost invisible. There's no strong contrast between the two. Could be that my pc is showing a different colour scheme to others viewing the site - known that to happen.

I think I'll try saving the pages and then fiddling around with the font on my pc, see if that makes it clearer.

EDIT: Okay, accidentally found a much simpler solution. <g> I ran the mouse over the text, intending to copy and paste it, and the resulting highlighting made it simple to read. Yay!

Is it May yet? <g>

LabRat smile (already compiling her nominations list...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#147353 04/17/05 04:46 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WTG, guys! You've done a lot of work here, and it looks terrific! thumbsup

And the categories... woohoo! I was hoping you'd have a Kerth presenter speech; I can think of several from the last few years I'd love to nominate. Lex Luthor presenting Best Villain; the Kae and Elena double-act; Sara and Beta; Kae and Bethy and several more (can't wait till Pam gets this year's log up!). And I'm so glad there is a category for trailers now. Those really do deserve an award - shame they can't all get one!

Congratulations! I'm really looking forward to it.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#147354 04/17/05 05:52 AM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
smile1 Oooh!! I'm so excited!!! I come back from the funny farm to this community and I get not one, but TWO Kerth Awards this year!! What a treat!! dance

Sas, Anna, and Rach - I can only imagine what a time-consuming job this is, trawling through all the posts on the message boards to give us the eligibles list! So THANK YOU!!!!! notworthy

And... I was thinking...
Sara has volunteered to do them for us this year.
Maybe it's time for us to start calling Sara by a different name... you know, just to avoid confusion in the future. May I suggest - The Eviller One? wink

But anyhoo... Thanks, Eviller One, for taking the time to do quizzes for us!! Yay for quizzes!!!

Sara (who sadly has to leave for work soon even though she's just realized she has *more* Kerth reading to catch up on *sigh* )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
šŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts šŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#147355 04/17/05 07:34 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay!!! Thanks for all your hard work, guys smile

I was really flattered to be asked to do these quizzes - it's going to be a lot of fun! dance

Maybe it's time for us to start calling Sara by a different name... you know, just to avoid confusion in the future. May I suggest - The Eviller One?
/me coughs...

Well, if it's really becoming a problem, I could change my display name to Sorcha, I suppose... at least then nobody will have any trouble distinguishing between the eviller Sara!!

Sorcha angel-devil

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
#147356 04/17/05 01:27 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Love the site, it's looks awesome! smile1

Looking forward to another awards show..fun, fun, fun.. dance dance

thank you Alt-Kerth Comm for your hard work! notworthy

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know Iā€™m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: Iā€™m trying to be nice.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard