Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Hi everyone!

Just a quick reminder that the eighth (!) annual Kerth award ceremony will be held on Saturday, April 2, at 6 pm ET. This awards ceremony, for those who are new to the Kerths, is held LIVE each year on IRC. (Look for more info to follow soon on the name of the channels, IRC info, etc.)

This year, because we've pushed the date back a week (usually we shoot for the 4th Sunday in March, but that's Easter this year), we thought the times might get a little confusing -- from what we understand, the US will not be on daylight savings time yet, but Europe will be. (Oy, they do this just to confuse us, don't they? wink )

So we thought we'd invite everyone to post the time of the ceremony in your neck of the woods, just in case anyone has any questions! (And if you don't see your area listed, please feel free to ask and hopefully someone will jump in and figure it out for you. smile )

So to start ... (this is the easy one, heh heh heh):

The Eastern Time Zone of the US -- 6:00 pm. smile

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
Central European Time: 1 am (instead of our usual midnight).

And LOL! huh

So... it'll be 1 am on April 3 here. Does that mean the ceremony can't count as being on my birthday, or can I be North-American for one night? laugh

Kaethel smile (April 2 girl)

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Greenwich Mean Time (for the UK and Ireland): Midnight. Which is one hour later than usual as well. And I thought it was a smart move to head for London and be able to head to bed an hour earlier... ah well. wink Looking forward to next week!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
I hope I'm calculating right... 4pm Mountain Standard Time here in Arizona (which doesn't participate in the silly daylight savings time anyway goofy ).

Sara laugh

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
šŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts šŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
dance For the Aussies out there!

Sunday 3rd April
9:00am - Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Hobart
8:30am - Adelaide, Darwin
7:00am - Perth

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
US Central Standard Time - 5:00 p.m.

/me hustles to the phone to remind her hubby he needs to get home from work early that night...

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Merriwether
Merriwether
If I were going to be at home, it would be 3 pm, PST.

Since I will actually be in Iowa, it will be 5 pm, CST. It'll still be over by the time the Sabbath is out, though. Even if it weren't, I'll be in Iowa for a wedding, and off to the reception as soon as possible after the Sabbath.

Yay for transcripts! laugh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Kathy, the time you suggest is 2 a.m. my time.

With Greece being located where it is, I don't think I should have the privilege of suggesting an alternative time. It would probably end up messing with the rest of the FoLCs around the globe.

I'll try to stop by for a while, but I can promise nothing.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Sorry, Anna ... yes, we know the ceremony time is in the middle of the night for Europe. Believe me, we have tried for years to come up with a time that would work for everyone around the world, but alas, it's an impossible task.

In the end, we had to go with the one that was most convenient for the coordiators (since we are based in the US) and hope that, with the long lead time we provide, people in other parts of the world can adjust their schedules to attend if possible. We do hold it on a Saturday for just that reason -- if Europeans have to be up all night, at least they can sleep in on Sunday. smile

As people have said, thank goodness for transcripts. smile

Thanks for posting your times, everyone! If anyone has any questions about the ceremony, please let us know!

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
California and the Pacific Coast is still on Standard Time until Sunday midnight. So it is 3 pm PST here.
cool
Artemis
P.S Sara you are right - 4 p.m. in Arizona. BUT after midnight Sunday, California will be on the same time as Arizona. Confusing, no?

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I live in Oregon, so I'm on Pacific time. It'll be 3pm where I am.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just a minor nit-pick:
Greenwich Mean Time (for the UK and Ireland): Midnight.
Yes, as far as I'm aware, the time is midnight, but it's midnight British Summer Time, not Greenwich Mean Time.

Chris

Features Writer
Features Writer
Brazil time laugh

9 pm. ( but wait for me two or three hours earlier! hyper )

MDL.

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Top Banana
Top Banana
How do you get the sounds to work?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Depends whether you're using mIRC or Ircle, Ethnica. In mIRC:

- Copy sounds to mIRC/Sounds directory

- when mIRC is open, go into File/Options/Sounds. Make sure that the Enable Sounds box is ticked.

- Click the Requests tab. Make sure that all boxes are ticked EXCEPT 'ignore if a sound is currently playing'.

And that should be it!

To play a sound in mIRC, you type:

/sound filename.wav

where 'filename' is the name of the sound. So to play kerth1.wav, you'd type:

/sound kerth1.wav

If you still can't get them to work, IM one of us on the chat channel and we'll see if we can help. There are several of us online already.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
1 a.m.?? too late... I hadn't thought about the change in timing and was considering dropping by... but I can't stay frown

good luck to all the nominees!

Cris

Cris

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard