Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
...and Kerth voting closes at midnight this Sunday! (Midnight EST, I believe, or at least within spitting distance of it wink )

I know there are people out there who just haven't managed to make up their minds yet, or are still frantically reading... you guys better get the lead out! (err, me too, actually...)

And I know some of you have already voted, but you're as bad as those people who have all their Christmas shopping done in August... goofy

For your convenience, Wendy's compiled an easy reading page with links to all the nominees. And if you need any other information, you can probably find it on Erin\'s Kerth page

After voting closes, Erin and KathyM will tabulate the results and double-check with each other that they come up with the same results. If needed, they'll resort to calculators wink but I think they use spreadsheets, so the math shouldn't be an issue.

And a week from tomorrow (April 2nd!) will be the awards ceremony! More details about that are coming up, including hints of a big announcement... stay tuned.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for the reminder, Pam. smile

Yvonne

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I voted. Not in all categories, but I did.
Really, it was very hard! Congratulations again to the authors of all these wonderful fics. thumbsup And thank you to the K-comm!

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I already voted. laugh Having read through every one of the eligible fics and having a neat document with summaries and ratings for each fic which I had picked from for nominating, I was able to take my nominated list and compare against those who made it on the ballot, narrow it down to only those who were on both lists, and voilĂ !
Actually, it was still hard even then, lol. Only two or three of the categories had one left in them (one had none), and the rest had as many as four! I ended up having all four fics open at once and reading passages back and forth, trying to decide which was the best writing (they all were so good, there wasn't much difference in quality!). Quite difficult. But I'm glad I finished. laugh Now for all those procrastinators, hehe . . . (I procrastinate in everything schoolwork-related, but somehow Kerth reading/nominating/voting doesn't count there. wink )

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Having read through every one of the eligible fics and having a neat document with summaries and ratings for each fic which I had picked from for nominating, I was able to take my nominated list and compare against those who made it on the ballot, narrow it down to only those who were on both lists, and voilĂ !
LOL! We've finally got a well-organized FoLC in our midst. No random stabbing at the noms list with a pin here. laugh

Welcome, Doranwen, hope you'll make it on IRC next weekend for the ceremony.

wave

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
This is the 1st year I have voted for the Kerths. I just finished reading all the fics yesterday. I'm excited to see who wins but won't be able to make it to the ceremony because of work. frown

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, I voted on Wednesday. smile And I'm very excited this year, because this is the first Kerth Awards ceremony I will spend with a FoLC friend: Bethy will be here for the weekend and we'll be living through the event together. hyper It should be fun!! smile

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
J
Blogger
Blogger
J
I just voted! hyper My first year. Good luck to everyone!
Courtney

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Congratulations and well done to those who've voted for the first time this year! thumbsup Hope you can join us on the night - we have a great time!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
J
Blogger
Blogger
J
Um, how do I attend the ceremony? I've never been on the IRC before. Help anyone?

help

Courtney wink

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The ceremony is held on mirc, Courtney. If you go here , the Archive will give you the basics on how to get there.

It's fairly straightforward, although it can have a couple of confusing moments when you start. The most important thing is to ensure that you use an Undernet server, once you're up and running. If you don't, you'll end up sitting in a room on your own wondering where everyone is. laugh

Any questions, just holler!

Oh and just ignore the note at the start of the irc section - that's a holdover from something that we abandoned a while back. I've emailed Lauren to remove it.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hrm. You might also want to add a link to undernet.org in the faq, and explain that they have a webchat, in case someone doesn't want to download software, or wants to try IRC before downloading anything. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I know..... LTNS wink But I wanted to take a moment to let you all know that just because I haven't posted anything in quite a while, doesn't mean I haven't been enjoying so many of the wonderful stories that have been written. thumbsup My real life has been crazy, and I've just been a pig about not leaving feedback blush

I especially wanted to take a moment to congratulate all the nomineess..... it was sooooooooo tuff to choose in many catagories!!!!! hyper

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Merriwether
Merriwether
SHE'S ALIVE!

*swoons*

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, I resemble this remark:
And I know some of you have already voted, but you're as bad as those people who have all their Christmas shopping done in August
Aha! But it is the first time I've been this early. I'm certainly not as organized as Doranwen, but I had an advantage in that so many of the fics I nominated were selected. Therefore I had just read them!!! It was still tough, because so many fine stories were against each other in the various categories.
So we'll see how it all turns out. Congratulations to all the nominees. And three cheers to all the winners. But man, it was tought deciding!!! Remember that.
cool
Artemis
Courtney - just a few comments on IRC. I'd recommend you try to hook up before the Kerths start and practice a little. It can get really crazy with 70 people on one channel. If you practice before hand you'll be more familiar with the process and people can help you with the command structure. You also want to download the sounds for full dramatic effect. (This is when your roomate/husband/significant other/strangers in the street/ and the ocassional passerby,can tell you a really doing something with Lois and Clark.) IRC isn't for just the Kerths. People chat every night of the year. (/me blushes at saying this because I haven't been there in a long time). I downloaded and joined at the first opportunity and have enjoyed it ever since.

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Down to the wire for me. I've got two hours to read half the stories! Eeek! I somehow don't think I'm going to make it, so I suspect a few categories are going to look blank. Oh well, I'll still try my best to get as much read as I can.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lol, I'm not that organized with my room. But you should see my computer hard drive--everything you could imagine being a file has its own place. Give me anything--an e-book, a song, a video, for anything, and I'll have a place to put it, where one could actually find it again. And if I don't know where immediately, I have a few "holding centers" for incoming files that I'll sort through later. laugh It's kinda crazy that I am so organized with the computer (and my "book" of all the CDs I have, track listings and all--330+), but yet my room seems messy all the time . . .
Anyhew, back to the REAL topic (sorry for the sidetrack there), I left a category blank myself--I didn't feel that there were very many WAFFy stories, by the definition on the Kerth site. I only found a handful that could be classified as WAFFy (as I interpreted the definition), nominated only one, and abstained from voting (not that the stories didn't have good writing--they were pretty good!, but I didn't feel they matched the defn.). But the rest of the categories all had nominations and votes from me. laugh

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
J
Blogger
Blogger
J
Artemis,
Thanks for the suggestion. I was going to try actually to dwonload/set it up, etc this weekend, but with the holiday, I simply did not have the time smile1

Courtney

J
Blogger
Blogger
J
Ok again (hope I'm notsort of hijacking this thread with my IRC Qs :p ).....
Downloaded the program, etc, etc....and subscribed to the #loisclark channel, but when I try to join the channel it doesn't let me huh . Says: #loisclark unable to join need correct key
???? confused

Edited: nevermind, I just figured out that I do need the password. Guess this will be emailed to me later (I didn't get it from the email I received when I 1st subscribed)?

Thanks and hope it's not just that I'm truly computer illiterate
Courtney

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Annette should have sent you the password in the first mail. You can email her directly if you somehow didn't get it.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard