Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#146664 03/02/05 05:01 AM
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Just wondering if anyone out there has an update regarding the new Merriweather Awards for the first round of entries? Wondered if anyone had gotten results/feedback or if anyone on the committee had any information when and where results will be posted?

I know it's only been a month since the submission deadline and I have no idea how many entries were received, but since the category was Vignettes beneath 1,500 words I'm imagining it doesn't take long to go through an individual entry. So perhaps we'll see something soon?

Thanks!
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#146665 03/03/05 03:47 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Lynn. I submitted and got an acknowledgement of my submission, but have heard nothing more.
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#146666 03/04/05 06:43 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I e-mailed Katrina about the Merriweathers and she said the results would be posted the week of March 7. Two judges ran into an unexpected time crunch, and she has to go out of town this weekend, but has told me that the results would be posted next week.

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
#146667 03/04/05 08:33 AM
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks for the update, Laura. smile

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#146668 03/04/05 10:52 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Np. <sleepy> I was curious, too, so I asked.

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard