Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
I was just checking out the archives and noticed that a few stories bearing my name have been posted recently. I think I need to explain those since there were no 'author note' headings on them and their context may seem confusing.

These were stories which we found on an old message board of Zoom's that was closing down. Labby asked me if I wanted them posted to the archive for 'posterity' so to speak. I didn't immediately remember the stories from their titles, and due to a hard drive crash some time back, no longer had copies of those stories. I told her that, but she had access to them from another source so I said I didn't care.

They were posted to the archives, but I think that it should be explained that they were all written some time ago. Those familiar with my work will have worked that out, but for those new to the boards and archives, I could see where there might be some confusion.

Quickly; 'Happy New Ye-' was written to celebrate the coming of the new millenium and the talk about all the terrible things that were going to happen with the coming of 2000. The Interruption is actually already on the archives as the third part of 'A Chat with Lois'. A 'Cautionary Tale' was written several years back after my good friend lost his 17 year old daughter in an auto accident, and 'A Future Dispised' was just a joke vignette based on the ending of the second tale in the 'Future series'.

Just wanted to clear up any confusion.

Also, there will be more old vignettes appearing later on as I recently cleared out some old message board vignettes off my hard drive that hadn't been sent to the archives. So, besides 'To Protect and Serve II' which was a current effort, anything you see on the archives over the next few months are old stories that had previously only seen life on the message boards.

Tank (who thinks this explanation probably was longer than most of those fics)

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Author's notes wouldn't have been any problem at all to add in prior to uploading, Tank. If you want to put them in now, just send me the relevent files with the added text. Especially as, as you know, there are quite a few other golden oldie Tank fics waiting in my queue for uploading. wink Makes things easier for Lauren if you get them in prior to uploading than after, so mail me if need be. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard