Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

"Besides," Lois said, with a hint of malice, "Lex tried to kill Superman. It would drive him nuts to know that the Superman Foundation had control of half his fortune."

"Have I ever mentioned how smart I think you are?" Clark said. "Not to mention devious. I like it."
hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Only a couple of people in Folcdom can write like this:
<<By noon, they had made more distance than they had in twice the time the day before. They followed their guiding stream gradually downhill, through an arm of dense pine forest, into a field of high grass and masses of high bushes, and several times down rugged slopes. The noisy little stream meandered briefly through a short canyon and emerged on a shelf of rock from which the water dove twenty feet into space in a tiny waterfall, and wound its way onward into a sea of evergreens.>>

I can smell the pine trees, Nan. notworthy

LaurieD

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Progress! hyper

Ingra

Clark: What is that?
Lois: It's my word.
Clark: There is no such word.
Lois: Sure there is. Someone's a chump, therefore, he's chumpy.
Clark: Try again.
Lois: Are you challenging me?
Clark: You bet your sweet little chumpy I am.
Columnist
Columnist
Nan, more soon please???

Excellent installment.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Voices! I'm betting on bad guys. Having it be good guys would be way too boring goofy One way or another, Clark and Lois need to save themselves.

I really like the idea of giving Lex's money to the Superman Foundation! That should drive any number of Lex's ex-girlfriends to screaming madness smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Kerth
Kerth
Good guys or bad guys?.... hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
I don't really have anything to say specifically about this part beyond wow, and excellent part smile I just wanted to let you know I am reading and am enthralled, please keep posting!

hyper

Diane

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved this section, but it did bring to mind an idea that had never occured to me before.

Thinking back to the moment that he had crawled feebly out of the Kryptonite cage, he tried to recall when he had first begun to realize that something wasn't right. After he had escaped from the influence of the Kryptonite, the agony of the direct radiation had disappeared although his body still hurt. He'd been barely able to stay on his feet when he staggered into the lobby of Lex Tower, and he had a vague recollection of people staring at him as he lurched toward the doors, but no one had tried to stop him. He'd hailed a cab to take him to the Lexor and the wedding reception, not sure what he intended to do when he got there, but that was rendered moot by the events playing out when he arrived. Perry and Lois, and masses of guests, out on the sidewalk. Lois, in her wedding gown, looking dazed and barely aware of her surroundings. Luthor's body hurtling downward to strike the pavement with a wet, nauseating sound that still made his stomach lurch. He'd tried to fly, tried to save the man, in spite of all that he had done, in spite of what the consequences would have been if he had succeeded, but his powers were gone. In a way, Luthor had won. He had killed Superman, and Clark Kent hadn't been able to prevent Luthor's death.
Even though your rendition is different than the original, it is essentially the same. Which leads to several interesting questions.

When did he take the time to change out of the costume and into regular clothes?

Why did he take the time to change out of the costume and into regular clothes?

How was he able to change out of the costume and into regular clothes?

(Are we noticing a pattern here?)

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Top Banana
Top Banana
I read it all in one sitting, Nan. And I really think this is my favorite story of yours yet.

Wonderful. And wouldn't it be nice if the voices belonged to the good guys? They've come to take them home, Superman foundation gets all of Luthor's money, Lois is safe, Clark gets his powers back, happily ever after...

Ah well. One can hope, right?

Anyway, I'm buckled up, ready to go wherever you take us! And greedily, now that I'm caught up, I'd like more as soon as possible!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard