Oh! That must be Rat's wonderful Bluebeard rewrite, The Key.

Oops - that means I have to find a Killchie now, right? Okay, here goes:
"Drop your weapons!" a booming voice ordered.

Joe! Lois breathed a sigh of relief. The game wasn't over yet, but at least all the players were in place.

With the gun still aimed at Lois, Lex gaped at the officers, his face betraying his astonishment. "How?" he stammered. "I had her checked for tracking devices. She was clean."

Joe pushed forward to stand facing Luthor. "We knew you would. So we bugged the limo instead." He took a step closer. "Drop your weapon, Luthor. You're surrounded. You can't get away."

Lois's gaze shifted to Lex. From the unguarded expressions flitting across his face, she could almost see what he was thinking. His eyes hardened.

"Give myself up so I can live in a cage? I don't think so." He gazed into Lois's eyes, a sardonic smile slowly spreading across his face. Deliberately and methodically, he slowly adjusted his aim. He didn't even look surprised when a hailstorm of bullets tore through him in response.

And then it was over. Mrs. Cox was in handcuffs, Lex's body lay bloody and torn on the ground, and Joe was there, un-cuffing Lois and Clark and helping her to her feet.
Mere

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge