Print Thread
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I can't believe it, but, yup, it's that time of year again, FoLCs. smile

Time for all authors to kick...er, cajole...those Muses into action.

So... if you want your story uploaded to the Lois and Clark Fanfic Archive by 31st December 2004 (in neat time for the Kerths eligibility deadline) you must submit your story to stories@lcfanfic.com or labrat@blueyonder.co.uk by December 1st 2004

Any story submitted after the December 1st deadline may not be uploaded until January 2005 – although the Archive staff will do their best to get it uploaded before year end if the author requests it. No guarantees though!

If you submit a story to the Archive during December and are not particularly fussed about it being uploaded before December 31st, I'd really appreciate you letting me know when you send it in. So many authors want to make the deadline each year that it's difficult to find enough stories to upload in January. So I'll be delighted to hear from anyone who doesn't mind having their story held over until after the Christmas break. smile Also, our GE's will appreciate the breathing space. smile1

CC
Julie Gibson
Erin
Lynn
Kathy M
Larissa
Sarah Murray
Jeanne Pare
Wendy
Karen
Tricia

I'm sure you'll all join me in giving them a well-deserved pat on the back, for all of their hard work, dedication and skills over the year.

And a special thanks to our webmistress, Lauren, for holding it all together. smile

Thank you!

LabRat smile
Editor in Chief
Lois and Clark Fanfic Archive
labrat@blueyonder.co.uk

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And three times three cheers for LabRat, our Editor in Chief, who manages all the stuff most of us would run screaming from: keeps track of all stories submitted, in the editing process and about to be uploaded; makes sure that there is something to be uploaded every week; keeps GEs happy and on board; deals with endless emails from authors, GEs and readers alike; and, like Rhen and Kathy before her, makes sure that we have an Archive we can be proud of.

Thank you, LabRat!! thumbsup

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
blush Thank you, Wendy. smile I don't really do that much though. Honest. <g>

I've always found most authors to be accommodating, pleasant to deal with and undemanding, in the main. smile

And I inherited a very simple and effective spreadsheet system, set up by my predecessor, Kathy, which makes all that story tracking very no hassle. (and even with it, I still managed to send poor CC out a story to GE last month when she hadn't gotten around to sending me back the one I'd sent her previously. goofy Bless her little cotton socks, she just kept it and did it right after. GEs are very accommodating and pleasant to deal with too. <g> )

So you all make my job very, very easy.

Lauren's the real mastermind behind the Archive. thumbsup

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I feel like an idiot for asking this, but what *is* the dreaded c-word?

Christmas? Cajole-the-Muse?

--meclone2--

LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, Christmas.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Coming back to this thread to offer some serious nagging. goofy

I've been putting together a list of stories uploaded to the Archive so far this year and grouping them all by Kerth categories, as an aid to the Kerth quiz team. And I couldn't help noticing that there are quite a lot of stories missing. Stories which were posted here on these boards but somehow never made it to the Archive... wildguy

So if you fit into that category, do let me point you in the direction of the Archive submission address... stories@lcfanfic.com. (If you have any problems with that address, you can always send your story to labrat@blueyonder.co.uk ).

Any questions about Archive submission? Go here .

Still at a loss as to what this Kerth stuff is all about? Get all the scoop about the Lois and Clark Annual Kerth Awards at Erin Klingler's Kerths website.

Wendy smile
(member of your fun Kerth Quiz Team)

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard