Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
I once had a very enlightening conversation with CC about her cliffhangers and she emailed me a big hunk of text for the purpose of discussing where to put the break. If I may be so bold, I think it was helpful to discuss how breaking at point A would send *this* message and she'd be threatened by *this* group; and how breaking at point B would send *this other* message and she'd be threatened by *this other* group. :p

I think it helped her clarify the message she wanted to send. (As opposed to those days when she just loves yanking the whole bunch of us around. laugh )

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Beta-reading? Yikes... this is kind of a grey area for me, as my very first experience with BRing makes me go blush goofy is because a certain little bird goes into a bit of a tail-spin midflight when I do things like that, and I want to see all of these fab fics sooner rather than later... rest assured, I'll beat them all out of her and onto the boards eventually. Hear that, Pel?!? wildguy wildguy wildguy And I'm currently looking over Paul's story, which is just utterly fantastic and which I'm enjoying immensly, and;

I was thrilled when Sara (Farnegal) volunteered to read for me. I'm just sorry I haven't had anything to send her since then. I've been tired and haven't written anything in weeks. Hopefully, I'll get back to writing soon-ish, and hopefully Sara won't be too busy or something by then. We'll see.
Awwww... normally in a situation like this I'd nag til my throat went raw [just ask Pel <g>] for new parts... but I fully understand having-no-time, Paul. Whenever you're ready, I'm right here - and no, I won't be too busy smile

And... okay, really should be sleeping. Anyway, this was my two cents' worth... hope I haven't irritated people by being a day or two or a dozen late in replying to this thread...

Sara smile

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Features Writer
Features Writer
I know this thread was last month topic, but does this topic really fades out? blush

Well, I just wanted to say that, as an ESL writer I do need all the help I can get. And to BR for someone as hyper as me is an extremely difficult thing to do.

The first time I came here, I asked for a BR. At first, no one accepted that and I decided I should post at least one part of my story so perhaps someone would pity me and would agree to help me. Needless to say my writing was a total disaster, but, fortunately, I got help.

My first BRs were SQD and SuperRoo. One completing each other's job. I couldn't thank them enough everytime I posted a part. I sent them kisses, notworthies... and everything I could to express how grateful I was (And still am) for the changes they made on my writing.

A little after, RL took both girls away, leaving me an orphan on the boards. That's when I met Rachel (psychofurball) who took the position of Best-Reader. She didn't look for grammar, but reassured me everytime I needed it and when I didn't need it either.

Sometimes, for quick things like the MLTVs, I got really nice people who helped me at noodles-speed. I also cant thank them enough.

I must quote something LabRat said:

I do feel guilty about not rushing to answer each and every beta reading ad I see. I like to help - especially if it's a new author, just starting out.
Labby, I'd like to thank you very much for handling this hard task of BRing for a newbie ESL like me. Your comments, your support, and your honesty makes me become a better writer.

Finally, I'd like to thank SQD for letting me return the favor and be her Best-Reader.

As you all know an ESL could never correct grammar from a native speaker so I just Best-Read. I just try to do my best to give back to her all her support and her caring for me and for my stories.

I know I need to work on a few things to improve each day. I know I cant thank all my BRs enough. But let me here show my appreciation for all you guys who BR for someone.

Now that I am a BR myself, I can tell you... we don't receive any money, but what we get in return is priceless.

Thanks for your time. And if anyone wants to BR this post for me... Er... I would accept.

MDL.

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard