Okay, I'm using this board topic rather than 'off-topic' because first and formost I need to make a blanket apology to all the writers currently posting stories.

As some of you know, I'm involved with a small group that puts on a comic book convention every fall here in the Twin Cities. The convention is next weekend. That means that over the last few weeks, what passes for 'free time', as been almost totally engaged in activities related to that coming convention. And it's only going to get worse over the next few days.

Because of that, I've been remiss in my feedback to the vast number of stories that have been appearing on the boards. I have managed to 'steal' some time to keep up with many of them but I haven't had the time to properly comment. I must say that I've enjoyed all the ones I've managed to read, even if I didn't fully agree with everything. I found them all well written and carefully plotted. Okay, there was a distressing preponderance of pregnancy storylines, but still, the stories were well done and entertaining.

So, this is my blanket "WELL DONE" to all those who've been posting their stories the past several weeks.

Which brings me to the next part of this message. Not only has my normal workload for the con increased this year (a lot more guests than in previous years), but there has been an additional wrinkle added this year. My old 'new wave' band, The Liars, are getting together to do a short reunion concert at the convention and we are going to shoot a DVD. I'm excited about it, but it also means more work in form of rehearsals and working out the logistics of putting on the concert itself.

For those who may be interested, or just curious. We do have a website... www.MNCBA.com
It's not generally considered a very good website, but it does give a list of most of the guests that will be attending, and a few other bits of information.

Which brings me to my last note. Because of the rapidly approaching convention, I'll be pretty much gone from now until after the convention. I'll check in a couple of times over the next couple of days, then I'll be off line from about Wednesday until the following Tuesday as I will be conducting business from the hotel, or the fairgrounds. I'll will pop in long enough to post the next chapter of my current wip on tuesday for the few who've been trying to keep up with it along with the multitude of other stories. After that I'll be gone for a week.

A plea to the gentle writers... try not to write too much in my absence. I don't want my catching up to be too daunting of a task.

Tank (who now has to worry about what he is going to wear for the concert wink )