Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#145090 09/07/04 02:49 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Actually, I'm looking for two. And for no other reason than that they are nibbling at the corners of my memory, but I can't for the life of me put author or title to them.

First one: Poetic and lovely piece about a woman Clark meets early in his travels, preSuperman. And he returns to visit her over the years. She lives on a remote island, sees him with Lois once, realizes who he is, and dies...poignantly. Not because of that, though, just because she's old. Loved it, and can't remember it!

Second: All I can remember of this one is the revelation. Clark and Lois are being chased by bad guys. Anyone know that one? Ok...hee...kidding. Only this time they are being shot at, I think, and they are forced to run off the side of a cliff...where they plunge to their death. Or...no. Clark floats them down, and I'm thinking that gives Lois a giant clue. Any guesses on that one? That's all I've got.

Just really curious and would appreciate the help!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
#145091 09/07/04 03:04 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
The first one is A Gift From Shetland by Chris Carr. Really beautiful. sloppy

As for the other one, I don't know.

Hope I've helped!
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#145092 09/07/04 03:12 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Have a vague feeling that second one might be a Wendy fic, CC - although not that sure and don't ask me which one. Just based on a dim memory of hearing it discussed at the time on irc....

Well. That was helpful, wasn't it? goofy

Okay, break over, my work here is done. Back to writing... (at which I might be marginally more successful than this)

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#145093 09/07/04 04:05 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think the second one is Wendy's Carbon Copy . That is, if my memory isn't mixing her stories up again.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#145094 09/07/04 04:12 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Ditto Sas smile

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#145095 09/07/04 03:34 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I think I shall go and read those. I have three days off starting tomorrow!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#145096 09/10/04 07:29 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ah, CC and Anna, you two have made my day... week... month... To think that you remember and liked A Gift From Shetland warms the cockles of my heart! smile

She lives on a remote island, sees him with Lois once, realizes who he is, and dies. Not because of that, though, just because she's old.
That just made me laugh out loud. Pour Winnie. Her death was poignant at the time, not hilarious. However, that summary was great, CC.

Chris (who, staying with Jenni, has access to a computer and the boards for once. Thanks, Jenni wink )

P.S. In case anyone cares, I've just spent two-and-a-half months not so very far from where I set Gift... and I still like the story, which is a positive sign. I think. I'm now on my way to my my next (not quite so) remote location, this time for six months. Hopefully I'll have slightly better computer access there. It's not like it could actually be worse, when the nearest public terminal was on the next island!

#145097 09/11/04 04:21 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wowie. I started reading Carbon Copy. I'm enjoying it. Thank you!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#145098 09/16/04 12:50 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Sorry to take so long to get back to this! And thank you for your quick answers, everyone. They were just exactly what I was looking for.

I loved that revelation in Carbon Copy, and since it had been so long, just couldn't remember the circumstances, fic, or author...but the running off the cliff part stayed in my mind.

And Chris, I'm going to quote you quoting me, which I know is weird, but here we go:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She lives on a remote island, sees him with Lois once, realizes who he is, and dies. Not because of that, though, just because she's old.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That just made me laugh out loud. Pour Winnie. Her death was poignant at the time, not hilarious. However, that summary was great, CC.
You are so right. Winnie was such a wonderful original character, on my list of all time favorites. So, I want you to know that I have edited my previous summary accordingly. And thank you for that great fic. I reread and so enjoyed it.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
#145099 09/23/04 12:16 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Like Chris - though not for as long! - I've been offline for a while. CC, great to hear that you enjoyed Carbon Copy! And thank you for saying so. smile

Chris, don't let life on that second remote island make you forget all about us - if you can get access to the internet, please drop in and say hi from time to time! And please try to write some more on all those wonderful WIPs you have!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard