Next Thread
Print Thread
#144749 07/30/04 10:57 AM
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Quick question -

Does anyone know how long Lois worked at the Daily Planet before Clark came along? If she started there straight out of college - say when she was 22 years old - and she met Clark when she was 26, then the math tells me she'd worked there 4 years.

Does that seem about right?

Thanks!
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#144750 07/30/04 12:05 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'd say so. At least, that's the age I'm using in the story I'm writing at the moment. And I think I remember asking about it before, so yes, about 22 is correct.

Of course, you can take into account that Lois was a Libra, so she could have started at the Planet just before she turned 22...maybe. That is, if she started sometime during the summer or early fall before her birthday. 21, 22... not that much of a difference.

Pelican

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
#144751 07/30/04 12:14 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
That's always what I've assumed, though I've heard people mention an internship. That to me sounds logical as well, which would put Lois at the Planet at 20 or 21. If you wanted to start her there at a younger age, having her finish college a year early would also be well within her character.

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#144752 07/30/04 12:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think that sounds about right, Lynn - and also, bear in mind the fact that Lois had won three Kerth awards - and I think they were consecutive - by the time Clark had been at the Planet just over a year. She was certainly the current holder of the Kerth for investigative journalism. We could assume that she wouldn't have won one in her first year, which gives you four years anyway, any internship aside.

Wendy (hoping that this means Lynn is working on a story! smile1 )

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard