Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Merriwether
Merriwether
Maybe you've noticed this, but the subtext of almost all of my Writers and How They Write questions is always the same: am I crazy?
Oh, you are. But it's a good kind of crazy. goofy

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
As Labby said:
When I begin a story it's a vague idea and a whole jumble of half written scenes, snippets of dialogue and moments that have popped into my head over the span of time and been hastily jotted into a file.
That's how most of my stories work...and probably why I have more WIPs than finished stories. cat ). Then someone from a different story of mine appeared, so now it's a kind of a sequel, though it will stand-alone. Well...the original story was written back when I was 17...I'm 24 now...so I decided to revise it a little. Lois and Clark didn't agree with the 'little' part of that and now it's a completly different story. HG Wells showed up as did AltClark - without invitation I might add - and then a whole slew of crazy things started happening. I won't even mention a certain email response to a sneak preview I gave that might have given HG Wells the idea to collect AltClark a little bit later than planned...*ahem* CC... wink

Speaking of email...I just got a friendly nag...guess I should go see what my characters have been up to without my supervision.

Sara (who is desperately hoping that L&C don't pop in and read Paul's second post, cause she just might use that method)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Merriwether
Merriwether
The very few stories I've written just kind of flow out. But then again, they're very short stories, so didn't require very much prodding.

I have a WIP on my hard drive that may never be finished. It started off with a great scene, and about 3 paragraphs thrown out on IRC. Then it languished for a bit on paper and bytes, when I picked it up again, and wrote about another 7 paragraphs. Then I got stuck. Both of them are sitting there, staring at me whenever I open it, and say "Now what? You got us into this, now get us out." And I have absolutely no idea how to do that. I could probably get a rough idea, but don't know if I can expand on it. And they won't tell me. Grr.

Maybe one day I'll sit down and figure it out. I'll sit out in my nice yard in my little garden and relax in the shade, and work it out. But first, I have to build and plant the garden....

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard