Print Thread
#143910 04/05/04 05:47 AM
G
gerry Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
G
Part of the Passover preparation is to burn a hard boiled egg and place it on the "seder" plate with other symbolic foods.

So, I placed my egg on the burner (medium heat, I didn't want to do anything rash wink ) and went on with my other kitchen chores.

When I left the room for a few minutes to attend to other chores (euphemism for going to the washroom laugh ), I heard this explosion goofy

Happy Passover.

gerry

#143911 04/05/04 05:51 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
ROTFL, Gerry. This may just be taking research a tad too far. laugh But good to know it was worth it!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#143912 04/05/04 05:52 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
rotflol

ROTFL, Gerry! That's too funny! Thanks for sharing.

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#143913 04/05/04 11:58 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hapy Passover, Gerry! LOL. Sorry that happened, but thanks for the laugh.

When I started reading, considering the title I thought you carved Lois out of an egg. goofy

Julie (looking forward to lots of matzas smile )

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#143914 04/06/04 01:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ah man, you should have taken Pictures!!! The vision that came to mind had me rolling.

What's funny is I think we're on the same vibe as I almost burned down my kitchen the other day when I was using my crock pot. I usually set in on the stove top for safety, but one of the back burners was accidently switched on and the crock extension cord was laying across that burner.

The cord burns in half, sparks the breakers,and catches on fire. It was scary for all of 5 minutes, but now I have this horrible black burn stain from the plastic on my stove top.

ERRRRG! and I know egg stain is ridiculously hard to get out to!

Hopefully we'll make it through our holidays this year.

TEEEEEJ

#143915 04/06/04 02:14 AM
G
gerry Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
G
TEEEEJ, I can't believe what you did. And I'm wondering if I can use it in the fanfic I've been working on. I have Lois and a crock pot and I wanted her to make something so easy turn into a disaster. So, if it works for me, can I use it, please, pretty please? hyper

gerry

#143916 04/06/04 02:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! YEAH! go for it. Damn, my dufusness is going to be immortalized!!! blush

HEHEHE laugh

TEEEJ

#143917 04/06/04 03:41 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
lol, you two!

And see, this is what's so useful about being a writer -- *no* experience is ever entirely wasted.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard