Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#143814 03/28/04 11:40 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Guess what we found... our very own Erin Klingler has a book coming out this next month -- and it's already on Amazon ! Isn't that cool? smile1 I know I'm really excited for her smile I knew she had a book coming out, but seeing her name on Amazon was a thrill, nonetheless goofy

It's only at pre-order status right now, but Erin says it will be available before the end of April sometime... hurry and reserve your copy now wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Columnist
Columnist
Just pre-ordered my copy! I'm really looking forward to this, Erin.

Congratulations!

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's terrific news!

Congratulations Erin! smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I understand that Erin will also be selling copies via her very own author website once that comes online... I hope Erin will be able to update us on that very soon.

Congratulations again, Erin!! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, guys! I'm both flattered and thrilled that you'd be interested in my little book. blush Thank you! (And yes, I'm so excited about finally seeing it listed on a site like Amazon.com that I can hardly stand it. smile1 )

Originally posted by Wendymr:
I understand that Erin will also be selling copies via her very own author website once that comes online...
Yes, I will have copies available through the author section of my website (http://www.erinklingler.com) for any of you who would like to get one signed--though as I've been telling people, it will probably be worth more if it *wasn't* signed. laugh My publisher is supposed to be sending me a stack of books in the next week or so, and then I'll have PayPal "Buy It Now" links set up on my author website for anyone who wants to go that route.

Oh, and Meredith reports that Amazon.com says they will ship April 3rd (Saturday). Yipee! That's a lot earlier than I expected. Meredith asked when it will be available through Amazon.co.uk's site, but I guess I don't know that. huh

"Love Beyond Tomorrow" is no Tom Clancy thriller or J.K. Rowling phenomenon, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. (Though I'll admit, I'm not happy with a few lines my editor decided to insert into the last scene without bothering to mention it to me. Editors. :rolleyes: ) And just so you know, the characters are Mormon, so don't plan on any gratutitous sex or violence. wink ) For any of you interested in learning more, I have the backliner and reviews posted on my site, and will be adding a sample chapter, etc. in the next day or so.

Wendy, Pam, Annette...and everyone else who's been kind enough to show an interest--thank you!! You've made my entire year. smile

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Congratulations, Erin!!

I can't wait to get a copy - and yes - I want one that's signed <g>. It'll go on the top shelf of the bookcase (after I've read it and showed it off, of course) so that sticky fingers can't damage it. First edition, signed copy of the first book of a great writer.

Way to go! You are an inspiration to a lot of us.
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Columnist
Columnist
Darn, darn, darn! I moved too soon with Amazon. Okay, I'm off to cancel my order so I can buy a signed copy from Erin.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Kerth
Kerth
Congrats Erin!!!

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Way to go, Erin!! It's way too cool to be typing a friend's name into Amazon and coming up with a result. thumbsup

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
Ooh, I want a signed copy too! Congradulations, Erin; I can't wait to read it! laugh

~Anna

Top Banana
Top Banana
Congrats! clap

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Congratulations Erin! smile1

Tricia cool

E
Columnist
Columnist
E
Congrats! I'll have to add it to my wishlist. laugh

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Erin, congratulations! We'll all get to say we knew you when. laugh

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Way to go, Erin!

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
kb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Congratulations Erin thumbsup party

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Congratulations, Erin!! smile1

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Has anyone else read the book yet? I finished it this afternoon by the pool. I knew it would be a Christian romance but was not expecting the heavy Mormon aspect. There were lots of references that I didn't understand, for example MTC and CTR. Something called a triple combination was mentioned and I really doubt that it's an Olympic dive. wink

It will be interesting to see everyone's reactions, especially to the heroine Lauren.

Marilyn
Check out our blog at www.writingplayground.blogspot.com
Merriwether
Merriwether
MTC = Mormon Training Center (A campus near BYU in Provo)

CTR = Choose The Right (gets put on rings and such, sort of like WWJD, I'm told)

triple combination = Mormon scriptures (Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price)

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you ma'am. I also found out that the "quad" that was referenced is a triple combination with the Bible added.

Marilyn
Check out our blog at www.writingplayground.blogspot.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard