Next Thread
Print Thread
#143798 03/27/04 11:32 AM
R
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
R
Has anyone done a fanfic where Lois falls in love at first sight and it is Clark who takes a while to come around?

#143799 03/27/04 11:54 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There haven't been many, that's for sure, but the one that springs to mind is "Roadtrekking" by ML Thompson and Gerry Ankelwicz smile

PJ
(who hopes she spelled Gerry's name right!)

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#143800 03/28/04 12:44 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Has anyone done a fanfic where Lois falls in love at first sight and it is Clark who takes a while to come around?
It's probably not obvious, and I know this will surprise a lot of people, but, in my own head at least, I've always thought of IN THE BEGINNING this way. It's not so much that Clark isn't attracted to her and possibly even rather deeply in love right off as it is that he's extremely hesitant to admit it and Lois is much more the agressor in that respect. Plus, in my notes for the sequel to it that I've always wanted to write, er, finish, she's definitely the one driving the relationship and keeping things on "track" while he's holding back considerably, primarily I think because he's so blown away by the one-two punch combination of the creation of Superman and someone new suddenly "knowing" his secret, not to mention her oh-so-enthusiatic reaction to the whole situation. laugh

BevBB :-)
"B. B. Medos"
#143801 03/28/04 07:16 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Without a Superman(Lois Lane's Quest) by ML Thompson

Sort of matches your specifications.

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#143802 03/29/04 03:50 AM
J
jwb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
That was the original idea behind my story "Then Came You" I did for S5. I wanted to turn the tables so to speak, and have Lois falling for Clark, and have Clark in love with the "unattainable" woman, while the "real" woman was right there in front of him.

--
Jeff
#143803 03/29/04 05:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't tell.

Anna BtG did in TWBU (er The walls between us ), as far as I can remember. But I'm not a heavy reader.

I did too in Airport, a french fanfic. I didn't have the time to correct its english but, this should come soon, less than a year that is laugh .

Carole smile1

#143804 03/29/04 07:08 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's probably not obvious, and I know this will surprise a lot of people, but, in my own head at least, I've always thought of IN THE BEGINNING this way.
Yeah, I can see that. Clark may be attracted to her, but he's also scared to death of her! laugh Whereas Lois *is* interested and makes all the first moves... I love that story <g>

And I'm terribly ashamed not to have thought of Jeff's story, which I also adore... that'll teach me to rattle off an answer before thinking about it!

Well, okay, it probably won't, but it should goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#143805 03/29/04 08:12 AM
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
In the Beginning--right! That's the one I was thinking of when I first read this post, but went to the archives, but couldn't find it because I just remembered the first time Lois saw Clark on the beach.

But it's In the Begiinning.
That was one of the first fics I read.

Btw, Pam, you're close. It's Anklewicz.

gerry

#143806 03/29/04 08:34 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think one of my stories might just fit this description too: Strange Visitor from the Congo, in which Lois falls for Clark the instant she sees him but takes against Superman right from the start, and Clark is sort of ambivalent about her as a result.

But yes, such stories are definitely in the minority. wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#143807 03/29/04 08:50 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yeah, I can see that. Clark may be attracted to her, but he's also scared to death of her! laugh
Hehehe, yep, that's a succinct way to put it. laugh And can you really blame the guy? To suddenly have your life taken over by a human dynamo, albeit an adorable one, would frighten anyone, even Superman. wink

BevBB :-)
"B. B. Medos"

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard