Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#143480 03/03/04 09:35 AM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
To my fellow friendly FoLCs:
Hey, everybody, I'm fairly new to LC and certainly new to this whole concept of everything to do with my favorite TV show (yes, I'm praying for its return too), and I was just wondering if any of you veteren fanfic authors out there have any tips you can give me or just things I should know! Anything along those lines would be greatly appreciated!

[Lucius is trying to get his wife to tell him wear his Super suit is in 'The Incredibles']
Lucius Best: This is about the greater good!
Honey Best: I'm your wife! I'm the greatest good you're ever going to get!
#143481 03/03/04 09:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, Tennessee! Welcome to our humble boards smile I don't know about giving advice... the only things I can come up with is, do some reading to get an idea of your audience, and beware that we're very pro-grammar here <g> But we'll help you out with that if you need it.

Have fun smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#143482 03/03/04 12:09 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey there! Well, basically - have fun! That's the first rule of the forum. goofy Anything other than that, you can learn as you go.

Secondly, don't be afraid to ask. We all remember being newbies ourselves, so no question is too dumb or been asked too many times. Trust me. wink

Welcome!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#143483 03/03/04 01:43 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

thumbsup

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#143484 03/05/04 01:19 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Welcome to the boards, Tennessee! hyper Take a look around and feel free to jump into discussions/comments folders, and then, we all hope, feed our shameless addiction by posting fanfic for us greedy readers. smile

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#143485 03/05/04 09:45 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Welcome! party

Have lots of fun!

AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#143486 03/05/04 02:46 PM
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
Hi, welcome! Have fun.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
#143487 03/05/04 03:35 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Welcome to our boards! goofy

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#143488 03/06/04 09:32 AM
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Welcome to the boards, Tennessee. Have fun!

I just can't resist adding this. My grandmother's maiden name was Tennessee Hatcher.

smile1

smile Jude

dance

"Simplify. Simplify."
Henry David Thoreau

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle."
George Orwell
#143489 03/06/04 11:58 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Welcome to the boards, Tennessee! smile1

Tricia cool

#143490 03/07/04 01:58 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey TT smile

As everyone else has said, welcome!! goofy

So just give it a go! If you have an idea you've always wanted to try out, go for it. I would echo Pam's advice about spelling and grammar: if you think you have problems there, then by all means ask for help. Plenty of us here have experience of being beta-readers, and would help out if asked in relation to that and with plot issues, if you like.

And, as you've probably seen, we are also avid readers - so once you've got your story ready to show people, then post it!

Welcome again - have lots of fun!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#143491 03/07/04 05:44 AM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Well, at least I know that I am heartily welcomed here <lol> and that I should have LOTS of fun hyper ! About the grammar issues: I pride myself on knowing what a noun, verb, and adjective are (but that's about it wink ). Anyway, thanks for the tips and be on the lookout for feeble attempts at posting fic from TT!

[Lucius is trying to get his wife to tell him wear his Super suit is in 'The Incredibles']
Lucius Best: This is about the greater good!
Honey Best: I'm your wife! I'm the greatest good you're ever going to get!
#143492 03/09/04 10:29 PM
Blogger
Blogger
This is also my first posting here, so we're sort of newbies together! hyper

'Irony is so ironic...'
#143493 03/09/04 10:33 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Welcome to the boards, Namaste. wave Hope you enjoy yourself here, and looking forward to seeing you post your first fanfic. smile

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#143494 03/10/04 01:51 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome to the boards, Namaste! smile

I like being a part of a group that pays specific attention to things like grammar, sentence structure, and spelling.
Oh, then you'll *love* us! goofy We've been known to get into heated arguments about the use of apostrophes...

But I know what you mean about good grammar being the exception rather than the rule; I've known for years that we're very fortunate here to be so well-organized -- the key, I think, is that stories must be edited before being uploaded to our archive, and there are a number of selfless FOLCs who volunteer to help out complete strangers.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing your first story! smile

PJ
(p.s. FOLCs = Fans of Lois & Clark; pronounced like "folks")

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#143495 03/10/04 01:51 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I love it when newbies post to let us know they are here. smile

Welcome, both of you! (And everyone else who has joined recently but has been too shy to introduce themselves. smile )

Kathy

#143496 03/10/04 04:43 AM
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Welcome, Namaste! If grammar is your thing, you'll love our discussions. But more important, if you love Lois and Clark, then you have many happy hours in store for reading and writing Fanfic.

smile Jude

dance

"Simplify. Simplify."
Henry David Thoreau

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle."
George Orwell

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard