Print Thread
#143263 02/14/04 08:14 AM
J
Jude Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I've been away for almost two weeks welcoming my new grandson into the world and am trying to get caught up on the quizzes. Just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work you quizmakers have done in creating these fun exercises. I usually have not read enough to participate, but they are good reminders of what's out there.

Also, I want to say a special thank you to Hazel for appreciating my line about Chorus Nigel and Rex Lex. Of such moments is a wordsmith's heart made glad.

For anyone interested in grandchild details, see OT.

smile Jude

dance

"Simplify. Simplify."
Henry David Thoreau

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle."
George Orwell
#143264 02/14/04 09:37 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Jude - and thank you! smile It's really nice to be appreciated. Hazel, Mere and I really have a lot of fun doing these quizzes, and we hope that FoLCs enjoy them too - and from the responses this year it's seemed as if you all have. thumbsup

So thanks again - we hope that, apart from being fun, the quizzes have stimulated people to read and think about their nominations.

BTW, congratulations on the new grandchild!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#143265 02/14/04 10:55 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Aw, thanks, Jude! blush We enjoy setting the quizzes, but it doubles the pleasure when we know that other FoLCs are enjoying them too!

And congratulations on the grandchild! Have you introduced it to Lois and Clark yet? wink

Mere

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
#143266 02/14/04 09:30 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
smile1 Yes, thank you Wendy, Hazel and Meredith for all the hard work that goes into organising the quizzes.
Even though I only participated in the first couple, due to being away and RL issues, I thoroughly enjoyed every one of them. wave

Tricia cool

#143267 02/15/04 03:48 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thanks for your kind words, Jude! I hope the quizzes served their purpose of introducing FoLCs to fics they might have missed and reminding them of those they might have forgotten. I'll have to run the final statistics list to see how many we managed to cover this year! smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
#143268 02/15/04 05:52 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yes, thank you, thank you for the wonderful quizzes! They were a lot of fun, and reminded me of a lot of good stories out there. Also helped with my nominations this morning. Of course, I had to guess myself which stories were early/future stories, but that's okay. wink

But Thank You! And when's the next quiz? laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#143269 02/15/04 07:17 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I wanted to say thank you to the quiz mistresses as well. I didn't participate -- usually, by the time I was ready with responses, the quiz was done, and there was a new one -- but I really enjoyed reading both the quizzes and the replies.

Thanks Hazel, Meredith, and Wendy! notworthy

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#143270 02/15/04 08:05 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just to add my thanks as well. Since this is my first experience with the whole Kerth Awards Extravaganza, it has been so much fun participating in the quizzes. And the help it's given me in remember stories I'd forgotten as well as inspiring me to check out some others I'd missed was invaluable. I think for next year I'm going to challenge CC to go head to head with me on a total Kerth Quiz points!!

So thank you Meredith, Hazel and Wendy. For all of your hard work and in making this all so much fun.

You gals are the greatest! clap

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#143271 02/15/04 09:22 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
wave /another newbie saying hi and thank you, Wendy, Meredith and Hazel.

AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#143272 02/16/04 01:22 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
You mean, they're over? whinging whinging whinging

I was just hitting my stride, just getting warmed up...did anyone notice (and I will point it out here, helpfully, if you missed it) that I got first place in the last one? (I realize it was a tie, but still...)

How many weeks of begging did that take? No matter, it was so worth it.

Thanks to the Quiz Queens. Great fun. Next year, I'll study.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
#143273 02/16/04 01:59 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, thank you! My noms were remarkably easier this year than they have been in the past - didn't even have to use the pin once. But the quizzes were invaluable for reminding me of stories I'd read and enjoyed and wanted to nominate but had completely forgotten about! I made sure that I checked out each quiz before sending my noms in, just to be sure I had everything in place I wanted to have.

And even though I didn't enter any of them - my memory is so poor I can never remember even the stories I really, really enjoyed :p - it was a lot of fun reading everyone else's entries and the quizzes themselves.

You guys are awesome!

CC - you won?! Well done!! /me gives CC a celebration cookie. With sprinkles on top.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#143274 02/16/04 02:10 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
A heartfelt thank-you, Lab!

You have no idea how hard I worked for that cookie!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
#143275 02/16/04 08:55 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I missed most of the quizzes last year, as I was living in Manchester without any internet connection for a month, and only just got back to France yesterday. But I took a few here and there, before I left, and then when at Wendy's, and they were loads of fun. Thanks a million to our wonderful quiz-makers for giving us so many enjoyable games! thumbsup

Kaethel notworthy (who is putting a few more thwaps on the to-do-this-weekend list as Wendy repeatedly forced her to sit at the computer and do the quizzes regarless of the hour then laughed at her hopelessness over her shoulder! eek )

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard