Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I need a name of town. I'm picturing a small New England town by the sea, with a Normal Rockwell quaintness to it. Would really, really like a picture, but will settle for a name! thumbsup

Thanks in advance.

SQD

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
I remember driving down the beach on a coastal highway in a really cute town in New Hampshire with huge old houses (Victorian maybe?). I can't remember the name, though. I believe it is called "Hampton Beach", and we drove along road 1A. It's absolutely beautiful! I can't find a good picture, though.

/me loves New England laugh

- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
how about mystic, CT? (as seen in the julia roberts movie "mystic pizza") or is that too touristy?

there are a bunch of little towns on cape cod. generally, they seem like what you're looking for, but the area does see a lot of tourists in the summertime.

actually, a friend of mine is from new fairfield, CT. it's a little out of the way, on the boarder with NY. so, not exactly seaside, but he swears it's the "only small town in connecticut that you really need to know."

another friend grew up in north attleboro, MA. sleepy little town just a little northeast of providence, RI. a little bit inland, but not too far. i went there for her wedding. it looked like it fit the bill. actually, here are some pics of the church where she had her wedding.

other than that, you can go to mapquest and pick pretty much any small town in new england. check around near stamford (CT), mystic/new london (CT), newport (RI), plymouth (MA), boston (MA), salem (MA), kennebunkport (ME). each place has its own atmosphere, of course, but most should fit your needs, one way or another.

hope this helps. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard