Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay--erm, so there's this folc---but this folc's not me, it's a friend of mine. Yeah, that's it--a friend of mine. And I--I mean, *my friend* wrote this fic and...

Okay, I confess: it's me. I got this idea for a premise, and after kicking it around in my head for a long time, I eventually decided to write a fic about it. I call this fic my melancholy baby: it has a shape like a melon and a face like a collie. It's a very rough draft, and I have no clue what to do for an ending. This might even be a job for *two* beta readers.

The fic is roughly PG for violenceishness, maybe a hint of a drop of sexuality, mild language, and a very sick...but that would be telling.

This is NOT a comedy. It might be considered drama, but I'm not sure.

Like I said, it's very rough and it needs an ending. It may also need a plot...

So are there any brave souls who want to volunteer? help

~•~
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, I know it's monday and this thread has only been up for about a day, but I can't shake the feeling that I'm being ignored. Did I scare everyone off with the description of my story?

I wouldn't say it's "atrocious"; in fact, I think the premise is really cool. I just need someone to look it over and

1. Help me use better words and phrasing wherever possible

2. Check for charictarization(sp?)

3. Help me think of an ending. (I have a very vague idea of the ending; I just need help. I'm mean, it's obvious that he's going to--- and then, naturally, they'd--- but the question is how do they---? And what do they do about---?)

There's only one instance of language; it's very mild, and I'm thinking of ommiting it. There's nothing graphic in it, either. It's only PG.
It isn't all that long, either! Readable in one sitting. (of course, it does lack an ending)

So could someone please give me a hand?

If no one responds to this thread by the end of a week (i.e. end of next monday) I'm going to post it anyway. Trust me, that is a threat.

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think everyone is just pretty busy, but since I have some spare time right now between semesters, I'd love to beta-read for you. smile

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
THANKYOUthankyouTHANKYOUthankyouTHANKYOU!!! Muchas Gracias, Mer ci! I'll send it to you right away!
dance

~•~
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hi Queen of the Capes,

I've sent you an e-mail to your addy on monday morning and was just wondering if you ever got it, since you mention that you didn't get any feedback.

Just in case I'll post it here again:

I read on the boards, that you are searching for a beta reader for one of your stories. Well, I would love to help you, but since English is not my natural language I probably won’t be of much help for grammar, spelling and so on. But maybe I’m able to help you with the plot/ending of the story? I could be the “second” beta reader so to speak. So if you would like me to help you, feel free to contact me. I can fully understand though, if you would rather have a more experienced beta reader. So don’t hesitate to tell me, I can live with it. wink
So if you still need someone, I would be glad to help you. smile

Ines

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore, CoS)
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Eh heh heh, oops. blush
Note to self: check email more often.

Thanks for your offer, Ines; and a thankyou to Melisa too. I think I'll stick with Julie for the time being, though. But if she gets frustrated and quits, I'll email you. okay? wink

~•~
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Okay, no problem. wink
Good luck with the story. thumbsup

Ines

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore, CoS)

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard