Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Hi everyone,

Just a quick update ... the Kerth Commmittee has decided to modify the description of our "Best Drama" category to better reflect the stories that are eligible this year. In short, we've decided to eliminate the requirement for an A-plot in these stories. So if there are stories that you feel that fit the category by being "exciting and suspenseful", you may nominate them, even if they don't contain an outside villain.

The new description reads:

** Best Drama (under 400k) -- Stories which focus on a series of exciting or suspenseful events. Stories can be similar in tone and balance to the show's episodes, or tackle a more serious subject matter, and will generally, though not always, contain a significant A-plot.

Hopefully we haven't confused anyone by making this change relatively late in the game. Remember, nominations start February 1. smile

If anyone has any questions, please let us know.

Kathy

Kerth Awards Website: http://www.erinklingler.com/lnc/kerths.html

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
If the 'Drama' of the story is A-plotted, can the story still be nominated for 'Best Drama'?

AnnaBtG. (just asking)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Anna, I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're asking, but I'm going to guess that you are wondering if stories with a-plots are still eligible.

If so, the answer is yes, absolutely. As the description says, Dramas usually have a-plots. We just took out the requirement that they *must* have an a-plot to be eligible in the category.

Sorry if I misunderstood,

Kathy

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Sorry if I wasn't clear, Kathy. But this exactly was my question.

Thank you,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard