Next Thread
Print Thread
G
gerry Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
G
Hie thee over to and check out the new ML Thompson fanfic, Without A Superman: Clark Kent\'s Quest smile1

It is a terrific alt- world fic with just the right amount of angst, some ML humour, an extremely well-developed A-plot, some surprises, and a unwimpy Clark who knows exactly what he wants. thumbsup

It's something that we've been waiting for.
Check it out.

gerry notworthy

Kerth
Kerth
Ditto!!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I've read it - yes, okay, ML, I did like it... but I hope there's going to be a sequel??? goofy

Wendy wink

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

LOVED it!

And I agree with Wendy..it screams for sequel!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
G
gerry Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
G
Put those murderous little men away clap

gerry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
dance

I'm so excited! I can't start reading it yet because I have to go to work soon, but I can't wait!

JD laugh

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Me, want sequel. party

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay, I've finally managed to finish this story.

....... It was great! But then we gentle readers have come to expect nothing less from the talented digits of ML.

A very good Lois. It was interesting to see that how a somewhat less defensive Lois might have turned out. Her passion and fire was still there, but she wasn't so comsumed by her job that she had no other life. It was probably that more balanced life that led her to be able to get that Pulitzer. I'm sure that Clark has most likely held our Lois back. After all, it's always shown that Lois is the smart one. This fic especially proved it when Lois was able to put all those pieces together to know that something wasn't 'right' about Mr. Clark Kent.

I do have one question. Since Clark is married that means that his Lois has the proper 'shorter' hairstyle. Yet, you show us an altLois who sports the shoulder length hair (blech!). So, how did Clark mistake altLois for his wife when he came out of the dream? I think he knew all along who she was and was just going for the cheap thrill. After all it had been a couple of days since he and his wife had been together. He was probably just.... well, you know.

I also have one complaint. Why did ML decide to ruin the ending of her perfectly good story with the pregnancy announcement. I hate when writers do stuff like that. It served no purpose in the story and merely served to depress the gentle readers. After all, wasn't it supposed to be a happy ending?

Tank (who says he thinks he just figured out why ML included that awful epilogue... it sets up the sequel where Clark runs back to that altuniverse and the altLois who isn't expecting the horror of a child)

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've edited the thread header to include that it may contain spoilers for the story - just for the unwary. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
A sequel? Gerry, what sequel are you talking about? It never even occurred to me that people might think this story needs a sequel. cool

Maybe I could... Oh no! Tank just realized what my sequel was about and broadcast it to the world eek How could you do that, Tank? Now no one will be surprised when the sequel comes out frown .

Okay, so maybe there might be something in the works of some sort - or not grumble . I hope I'm able to come up with something. Otherwise... wink

Thanks all for the comments and encouragement.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard