Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#142432 12/17/03 03:25 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone knew what Martha's maiden name was? Can't remember if her family was mentioned specifically in the show. Thought maybe you comic book readers might know? Ideas?? I'd appreciate it.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Does this mean you're working on a new fic? smile1

Anyway, what I know is that in the Superman movie with Christopher Reeves, Martha's maiden name was Clark. I think Jonathan referred to her as Martha Clark Kent...and that's how Clark got his name.

I don't remember anything from the series.

gerry

G
Columnist
Columnist
G
I don't know how the double post happened, but I did move up from a Meriwether to a Kerth so it was worth it! clap

gerry

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
hey gerry, thanks!

that was fast- and I had totally forgotten that very relevant piece of info.

and darn it, it won't work.

good to know, though!

CC

Oh crap!

~Tank
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It wasn't just in the movies--I believe it was in the comics, too. See, they gave Clark Martha's madien name. CC, have you considered checking Zoomway's page for this kind of thing? She's got the most comprehensive Superman database on the 'net. Check it out: http://www.redboots.net

Zoom has won several awards for her site, and it has details like what Lois's middle name is, Martha's madien name, the conflicting ideas of Clark's middle name, (It's been both Jerome *and* Joseph throughout the years.) and lots of other cool facts. It covers everything from radio to movie shorts, to movies, to the cartoons, to Lois and Clark. I think it even has some of the 80's superboy stuff on there.

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Laura, thanks for adding that.

Actually, I'm a bit embarrassed that I blanked on Martha's full name. Any Supes fan worth her salt ought to know!

Appreciate your input,

CC

Oh crap!

~Tank
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, speaking of the Chris Reeves movies, does anyone remember who wrote the fic "Couch Potatoes?" I really liked that fic (being a fan of both Chris&Margot and Dean&Terri) and the author *did* kinda promise a sequel.

I guess I probably should have started a new thread, but it's just one simple question inspired by something posted on this thread and plus it's nate at light so I mon't care duch anyway. :rolleyes:

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
phil atcliffe. the story is on the archive. you can find it here. i haven't heard anything about a sequel, tho.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Phil was planning a sequel at one time, but that was a long time ago and I'm not sure how much time he's found for writing lately. I think Imbalance sucked all his free time. Haven't seen a chapter of that in a long while, either, so he might have been claimed by real life.

We miss you, Phil. smile

Kathy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Dear Kathy, Paul, QotC et al. (Who's this Al character? laugh ),

Claimed by RL? Well, maybe... But I can assure you that both Imbalance and CP2 (featuring the second Reeve/Kidder movie) are still on the boil -- just simmering on a very low heat, if I can stretch a metaphor way past its proper length.

CP2 has been a long time coming -- little things like S6 (remember that, Kathy? wink ) and Imbalance have got in the way, and CP stories are, by their very nature, long and time-consuming to write since I have to summarise the plot of the movie and write L&C's reactions -- but it is in the works. FWIW, Lois found the Mysterious Video Store and the tape this time, and she and Clark are currently wondering how the writers of the film knew about the Kryptonian "feudal" system -- if they did.

I have long-term plans for more CP stories which I hope I can carry out. All 4 Superman movies are on the list, as are other non-Superman films/TV shows which seem appropriate for the format -- and one FoLC wanted me to do one in which L&C read the comics (specifically, the Superman Red/Superman Blue arc). I very nearly started on what I would have called CP1.5 when the first episode of the sitcom My Hero was shown here, and may yet do that; it won't be as long as the others, because there's only half-an-hour of story to deal with rather than 2-hours-plus.

And then there's that crossover story I threatened-- er, discussed with Kathy that might make a nice wrap-up for the whole series... wink

So, patience, FoLCs. I can assure you that I'm still lurking here and still writing, when I can. Trouble is, I keep getting ideas far faster than I can turn them into stories...

Okay, back to Imbalance... It's time to do something nasty to Lois... evil

Phil

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Who are you people and what are you doing on my thread? <g>

CC (who just happened by, and was surprised to find Martha Kent's name had seemingly sparked some conversation)

Loved Couch Potatoes, by the way...

Oh crap!

~Tank
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry for diverting the discussion, CC. You can have your thread back now. wink

---looking forward to CP 2,3,4, and all the in-betweens! smile1

~•~

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard