Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#142055 10/30/03 11:39 AM
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
What's the first fanfic story you ever read?
Mine was the TUFS series.

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#142056 10/30/03 11:55 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The first story I can remember reading was Leigh Raglan's Reminiscing. But I doubt that was the very first one...

I do remember getting Dawning 3 on the fanfic list, and trying to read it -- but I hadn't read D 1 or 2, so I had absolutely no clue what was going on goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#142057 10/30/03 11:58 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
The first LnC fanfic that I read...well, I can't remember exactly which one. But this I do know: It was by Chief Pam Jernigan. smile

Lois: "Kent is a hack from Smallville. I couldn't make that name up."

Read my Journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/anni_the_diva/
#142058 10/30/03 12:14 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The question sounded familiar <g>, so I checked back to the first days of these mbs. (Gosh, how long ago does that seem now? ) and sure enough:

What Was Your First Fanfic?

There are some interesting answers here.

Course there's been a passel of new members since this thread was started, so I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who hasn't answered this one yet. hyper

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#142059 10/30/03 06:41 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I think my first fic was "4 x Lex - Almost" by Louette McInnis. If there was another one before that, I honestly don't remember it. smile

Ems

Molly
#142060 10/31/03 09:02 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Counter-Clark-Wise by Zoomway.

I found it on a site with a few other stories when I first got online back in 1995. I had never heard of fanfic and was amazed that they even existed ... or could be so incredibly good. I'd been creating stories in my head since I was a kid, but certainly had never considered writing them down. I went in search of more, found out abut the mailing list and major domo site that were then the main resources for L&C fanfic, and thus began my obsession. smile

Kathy

#142061 10/31/03 09:09 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Mine were S5/S6 and then TUFS laugh

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#142062 10/31/03 11:40 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I have a reply in the thread LabRat mentioned.

But, seeing Pam's post:

I do remember getting Dawning 3 on the fanfic list, and trying to read it -- but I hadn't read D 1 or 2, so I had absolutely no clue what was going on
The first fic I read was in the form of a letter, so it wasn't that difficult to understand. But I only got the original meaning of what fanfic is three or four fanfics later smile

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#142063 10/31/03 02:48 PM
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I see there's lots and lots of people that began with TUFS or S5. To tell you the truth, when I read TUFS I wasn't looking for fanfic. I was looking for a fifth season. Well, actually, I read about an Unaired Fifth Season in some website, and I thought what they meant by that was that there are fifth season episodes that never made it to the air blush . So I started looking for a place where I could download those, and of course found nothing but text. After reading it it finally dawned on me that its called The Unaired Fifth Season because it isn't filmed. And I only found the archive a good while later, because I read TUFS on a different location (which now was removed from the web or something, because the link doesn't work), so you could say that the first story I read on the archive was actually Counter Clark Wise, by Zoomway. And I actually found that story after visiting Amanda Lane's page and reading some of the "funny parts" out of various fanfic stories, and I came upon this:
Clark sat behind her and put his arms around her waist. "I'm sorry, honey, uh . . . Lois."
She smiled slightly. "You call me honey?"
"Yes," he shrugged. "And baby."
"I like that. What do I call you?"
Clark smiled behind her. "Stud muffin."
Lois literally laughed so hard that she rolled off of the crate. "Oh, God, Clark, I hope you're kidding."
Clark laughed as he helped her back up, "I'm kidding. You usually call me sweetheart."
Lois considered a moment. "Really? I never thought I'd be the sweetheart type."
He put his arms back around her. "It took months of indoctrination."

"We take turns making breakfast and dinner --"
"Oh, God."
"No, Lois, you've become a really good cook."
"Yeah, right."
"You have! You even took lessons!"
"I'd almost have to," she sighed. "What else?"
"We fly together a lot, which is great. We make love a lot, which is heaven. We go to--"
"Where did we first make love, Clark?"
That kind of got me wondering about the context; why he can't call her honey, and why he was telling her about their life. At first I assumed it may have been because of amnesia, but then I dismissed that because firstly, if he already told her they were married that shouldn't have been a problem, and secondly, you don't forget cooking skills just like you don't forget English even if you get amnesia, and even if she forgot, she doesn't believe him she was a good cook, so she still has an idea about her life. So when my curiosity got to the better of me I got some keywords and did a Google search and came upon the archive.

Sorry for raving on so long, and honestly if you read all that you deserve a medal smile Sometimes I don't know when to stop.

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#142064 10/31/03 07:26 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
TUFS for me. I wasn't looking for fanfic either when I was surfing the web. I was looking for info on Season 5 since I heard back then that there really was supposed to be a Season 5, but the show got cancelled. Then lo and behold, I stumbled upon fanfic. I had no clue what fanfic was; fortunately there was an FAQ, and I was like, okay, cool. After I finished TUFS, I needed MORE! MORE! I tell you. goofy There was a link to the Archive, and the rest is history.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#142065 11/01/03 02:41 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I found FoLCdom this summer when I became re-obsessed with Lois and Clark in reruns. Searching desperately for more, I googled Lois and Clark, and a few jumps and skips later, I landed here! smile

The first story I read that really impacted me was "When Friends Become Lovers" by KathyB and Demi.

Then I read LabRat's "If Tomorrow Never Comes" and was completely hooked.

I'm s-l-o-w-l-y making my way through the archive. There are just so many stories to read, I know it will take me years to enjoy them all. So I've got some good stuff to keep me busy.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard