Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Julie S Firsts - 10/30/03 03:39 PM
What's the first fanfic story you ever read?
Mine was the TUFS series.

Julie
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Firsts - 10/30/03 03:55 PM
The first story I can remember reading was Leigh Raglan's Reminiscing. But I doubt that was the very first one...

I do remember getting Dawning 3 on the fanfic list, and trying to read it -- but I hadn't read D 1 or 2, so I had absolutely no clue what was going on goofy

PJ
Posted By: Eccentric Musician Re: Firsts - 10/30/03 03:58 PM
The first LnC fanfic that I read...well, I can't remember exactly which one. But this I do know: It was by Chief Pam Jernigan. smile
Posted By: LabRat Re: Firsts - 10/30/03 04:14 PM
The question sounded familiar <g>, so I checked back to the first days of these mbs. (Gosh, how long ago does that seem now? ) and sure enough:

What Was Your First Fanfic?

There are some interesting answers here.

Course there's been a passel of new members since this thread was started, so I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who hasn't answered this one yet. hyper

LabRat smile
Posted By: LNCroxmysox Re: Firsts - 10/30/03 10:41 PM
I think my first fic was "4 x Lex - Almost" by Louette McInnis. If there was another one before that, I honestly don't remember it. smile

Ems
Posted By: KathyB Re: Firsts - 10/31/03 01:02 PM
Counter-Clark-Wise by Zoomway.

I found it on a site with a few other stories when I first got online back in 1995. I had never heard of fanfic and was amazed that they even existed ... or could be so incredibly good. I'd been creating stories in my head since I was a kid, but certainly had never considered writing them down. I went in search of more, found out abut the mailing list and major domo site that were then the main resources for L&C fanfic, and thus began my obsession. smile

Kathy
Posted By: daneel Re: Firsts - 10/31/03 01:09 PM
Mine were S5/S6 and then TUFS laugh

Jose smile1
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Firsts - 10/31/03 03:40 PM
I have a reply in the thread LabRat mentioned.

But, seeing Pam's post:

I do remember getting Dawning 3 on the fanfic list, and trying to read it -- but I hadn't read D 1 or 2, so I had absolutely no clue what was going on
The first fic I read was in the form of a letter, so it wasn't that difficult to understand. But I only got the original meaning of what fanfic is three or four fanfics later smile

AnnaBtG.
Posted By: Julie S Re: Firsts - 10/31/03 06:48 PM
I see there's lots and lots of people that began with TUFS or S5. To tell you the truth, when I read TUFS I wasn't looking for fanfic. I was looking for a fifth season. Well, actually, I read about an Unaired Fifth Season in some website, and I thought what they meant by that was that there are fifth season episodes that never made it to the air blush . So I started looking for a place where I could download those, and of course found nothing but text. After reading it it finally dawned on me that its called The Unaired Fifth Season because it isn't filmed. And I only found the archive a good while later, because I read TUFS on a different location (which now was removed from the web or something, because the link doesn't work), so you could say that the first story I read on the archive was actually Counter Clark Wise, by Zoomway. And I actually found that story after visiting Amanda Lane's page and reading some of the "funny parts" out of various fanfic stories, and I came upon this:
Clark sat behind her and put his arms around her waist. "I'm sorry, honey, uh . . . Lois."
She smiled slightly. "You call me honey?"
"Yes," he shrugged. "And baby."
"I like that. What do I call you?"
Clark smiled behind her. "Stud muffin."
Lois literally laughed so hard that she rolled off of the crate. "Oh, God, Clark, I hope you're kidding."
Clark laughed as he helped her back up, "I'm kidding. You usually call me sweetheart."
Lois considered a moment. "Really? I never thought I'd be the sweetheart type."
He put his arms back around her. "It took months of indoctrination."

"We take turns making breakfast and dinner --"
"Oh, God."
"No, Lois, you've become a really good cook."
"Yeah, right."
"You have! You even took lessons!"
"I'd almost have to," she sighed. "What else?"
"We fly together a lot, which is great. We make love a lot, which is heaven. We go to--"
"Where did we first make love, Clark?"
That kind of got me wondering about the context; why he can't call her honey, and why he was telling her about their life. At first I assumed it may have been because of amnesia, but then I dismissed that because firstly, if he already told her they were married that shouldn't have been a problem, and secondly, you don't forget cooking skills just like you don't forget English even if you get amnesia, and even if she forgot, she doesn't believe him she was a good cook, so she still has an idea about her life. So when my curiosity got to the better of me I got some keywords and did a Google search and came upon the archive.

Sorry for raving on so long, and honestly if you read all that you deserve a medal smile Sometimes I don't know when to stop.

Julie
Posted By: Shadow Re: Firsts - 10/31/03 11:26 PM
TUFS for me. I wasn't looking for fanfic either when I was surfing the web. I was looking for info on Season 5 since I heard back then that there really was supposed to be a Season 5, but the show got cancelled. Then lo and behold, I stumbled upon fanfic. I had no clue what fanfic was; fortunately there was an FAQ, and I was like, okay, cool. After I finished TUFS, I needed MORE! MORE! I tell you. goofy There was a link to the Archive, and the rest is history.

JD
Posted By: lynnm Re: Firsts - 11/01/03 06:41 AM
I found FoLCdom this summer when I became re-obsessed with Lois and Clark in reruns. Searching desperately for more, I googled Lois and Clark, and a few jumps and skips later, I landed here! smile

The first story I read that really impacted me was "When Friends Become Lovers" by KathyB and Demi.

Then I read LabRat's "If Tomorrow Never Comes" and was completely hooked.

I'm s-l-o-w-l-y making my way through the archive. There are just so many stories to read, I know it will take me years to enjoy them all. So I've got some good stuff to keep me busy.

Lynn
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards