Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#141979 10/23/03 02:03 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I tried to go to the IRC brainstorming chat but I think I am doing something wrong because whenever I went, it looked like no one was in the room.

At any rate, I was wondering if anyone was interested in brainstorming one-on-one on AIM sometime?

If so, just add me--MarilynM216--I'll be glad to help you with anything & generate ideas together!

Thanks!
-Wanda blush

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wanda, the most important thing -- or at least, the one that's easiest to get wrong wink -- is to use an Undernet server. There are tons of different types of networks out there... but they don't talk to each other, so you need to get on Undernet. There are tons of servers available, all over the world -- theoretically you should pick one that's close to you, geographically, but in practice it doesn't seem to matter a bit. Bottom line: if the server name hasn't got "undernet" in there somewhere, don't use it.

Once you're connected to the Undernet, just type /join #channelname (with a password if there is one). There's usually someone online. #loisclark is busy earlier in the day (afternoon for EST), and then #lanekent gets busier at night, but they're both open 24/7.
smile

Look forward to chatting with you! smile1

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Kerth
Kerth
This thread could be useful smile

And this is the Undernet Server List

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wanda, were you trying to get into the dedicated brainstorming channel setup by Supermom?

If so, I'm not entirely certain, but I did get the impression from Supermom's posts that it was only open that specific evening. At least for the moment, while it finds its feet. Which would certainly explain why the channel was empty when you tried it later.

In #loisclark we chat about everything under the sun, but as it's the main hang-out place for a lot of authors and readers fanfic does tend to get it's fair share of chat time. wink Both in the sense of what we're currently reading and enjoying and what we're writing and the problems we're having with that. goofy

So you should generally find someone in there who'll be more than happy to help you work out those plot glitches, if and when the dedicated brainstorming channel isn't open. Or even when it is - can't get too many online brainstorming sources in my book. laugh

LabRat smile (who has cause to be very grateful to online brainstorming sessions in recent years goofy )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks all for your help.. I defintiely didn't have an undernet server when I was trying to go on... I'm new at this! huh
But I am definitely going to try and figure this out tonight. I will get to chat!!!!--eventually!
Thanks a lot!
-Wanda
PS: Yes I was trying to log on during the time & day that Supermom suggested... but it was definitely because of problems on *my* end! (whoops)

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
laugh Oh my gosh.. I am finally on IRC!!! YAY!
Thanks for all of your help, everyone !!!!
-Wanda "WandaDee on IRC" Detroit clap

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard