Print Thread
#141934 10/19/03 08:56 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hey gang,

As promised by Wendy here are the results of the fundraiser.

First of all I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart! You've all showed a huge amount of generosity, we've raised enough to keep things going at least 4 years, possibly 5. Once again proves just how wonderfull FoLCs really are. Even after the series finale aired over 6 years ago, our fandom is still going strong!

With 100 donors and a grand total of $4,208.04 (after fees) it will distributed as follows:

The L&C Fanfic Archive: $1,797.48

Annesplace.net: $1,784.73

Fanfic Message Boards: $625.83

Again Thank You very much!!

Annette

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Kerth
Kerth
thumbsup

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! eek

I'd heard things were going well... but this far surpasses my expectations! Way to go, FOLCs! clap

And thanks to all the volunteers who are collecting the donations from around the world smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
jawdrop

Woohoo! Well done, us! <g>

Thank you to everyone who pitched in once again - with donations and time and organisation - to help keep our favourite FoLC forums in business. Four years ahead!! Wow!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wonderful result, Annette! party

LabRat, where's the champagne? laugh

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awesome! Here's to both archives and to the message board being around for a long time to come.

Way to go, everybody who donated time, effort, and/or money for the success of the fundraiser. And a big thanks to those who contributed to the fanzines.

party party

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fabulous! A big thanks to everyone who was able to donate (both money and fanfic)! I'm looking forward to more years of FOLCdom.

JD
dance

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Features Writer
Features Writer
Congratulations to all who helped with donations and volunteering. Thank you for your effort!

And Xanabee, about the champagne, does this do it? wink Everyone, grab a flute, and let's celebrate!

[Linked Image]

malu

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay! Bubbly! laugh

Malu, that looks tempting. Cheers, everyone! smile1

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
WOW, what a great effort! smile1

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Absolutely! Well done and congratulations, FoLCs!! thumbsup We suspect that the availability of the fanzines may have helped to push up donations a little, which means that every author who contributed has made a real difference. Thank you all, you guys! laugh

But, as ever, I continue to be astounded at the generosity of FoLCs. You're all wonderful, and we all deserve an extra-special round of applause for this magnificent effort!

And Annette deserves praise too, though she's too modest to say so: she's been keeping track of all donations from all around the world, receiving them through her PayPal account, sorting out amounts between nfic and PG and message boards, and ensuring that all the money ends up in a bank account where it will earn interest until it's needed to pay for the various sites. Thanks, Annette! thumbsup

And well done all of us! The fanzines are in preparation, by the way, and I hope to be posting them out to the lucky winners within the next week. If you haven't yet sent me your postal address, don't forget!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
goofy

Pelican smile

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard