Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: amciotola Archive Appeal Results!! - 10/19/03 12:56 PM
Hey gang,

As promised by Wendy here are the results of the fundraiser.

First of all I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart! You've all showed a huge amount of generosity, we've raised enough to keep things going at least 4 years, possibly 5. Once again proves just how wonderfull FoLCs really are. Even after the series finale aired over 6 years ago, our fandom is still going strong!

With 100 donors and a grand total of $4,208.04 (after fees) it will distributed as follows:

The L&C Fanfic Archive: $1,797.48

Annesplace.net: $1,784.73

Fanfic Message Boards: $625.83

Again Thank You very much!!

Annette
Posted By: daneel Re: Archive Appeal Results!! - 10/19/03 12:57 PM
thumbsup
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Archive Appeal Results!! - 10/19/03 12:58 PM
Wow! eek

I'd heard things were going well... but this far surpasses my expectations! Way to go, FOLCs! clap

And thanks to all the volunteers who are collecting the donations from around the world smile

PJ
Posted By: LabRat Re: Archive Appeal Results!! - 10/19/03 01:28 PM
jawdrop

Woohoo! Well done, us! <g>

Thank you to everyone who pitched in once again - with donations and time and organisation - to help keep our favourite FoLC forums in business. Four years ahead!! Wow!

LabRat smile
Posted By: Xanabee Re: Archive Appeal Results!! - 10/19/03 02:16 PM
Wonderful result, Annette! party

LabRat, where's the champagne? laugh
Posted By: RL Re: Archive Appeal Results!! - 10/19/03 07:36 PM
Awesome! Here's to both archives and to the message board being around for a long time to come.

Way to go, everybody who donated time, effort, and/or money for the success of the fundraiser. And a big thanks to those who contributed to the fanzines.

party party
Posted By: Shadow Re: Archive Appeal Results!! - 10/19/03 11:54 PM
Fabulous! A big thanks to everyone who was able to donate (both money and fanfic)! I'm looking forward to more years of FOLCdom.

JD
dance
Posted By: malu Re: Archive Appeal Results!! - 10/20/03 01:29 AM
Congratulations to all who helped with donations and volunteering. Thank you for your effort!

And Xanabee, about the champagne, does this do it? wink Everyone, grab a flute, and let's celebrate!

[Linked Image]

malu
Posted By: Xanabee Re: Archive Appeal Results!! - 10/20/03 02:09 AM
Yay! Bubbly! laugh

Malu, that looks tempting. Cheers, everyone! smile1
Posted By: TriciaW Re: Archive Appeal Results!! - 10/20/03 02:52 AM
WOW, what a great effort! smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Archive Appeal Results!! - 10/20/03 04:30 AM
Absolutely! Well done and congratulations, FoLCs!! thumbsup We suspect that the availability of the fanzines may have helped to push up donations a little, which means that every author who contributed has made a real difference. Thank you all, you guys! laugh

But, as ever, I continue to be astounded at the generosity of FoLCs. You're all wonderful, and we all deserve an extra-special round of applause for this magnificent effort!

And Annette deserves praise too, though she's too modest to say so: she's been keeping track of all donations from all around the world, receiving them through her PayPal account, sorting out amounts between nfic and PG and message boards, and ensuring that all the money ends up in a bank account where it will earn interest until it's needed to pay for the various sites. Thanks, Annette! thumbsup

And well done all of us! The fanzines are in preparation, by the way, and I hope to be posting them out to the lucky winners within the next week. If you haven't yet sent me your postal address, don't forget!

Wendy smile
Posted By: Pelican Re: Archive Appeal Results!! - 10/20/03 07:38 AM
goofy

Pelican smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards