Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#141763 09/28/03 09:08 AM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
I need to know the effects of a broaken/sprained/twisted/badly hurt hip. huh And what needs to be done about a bullet to the shoulder. sad This has alot to do with <b>A Clones Worth</b> which I'm still trying to finish with the next part...but I'm getting there! smile

If I can't be a good example, I'll just have to settle for being a horrible warning. ::Shifty Eyes::
#141764 09/28/03 09:26 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Phoenix smile

Delighted to hear that you're working on ACW again!! Hope to see the product of all that sweat and blood soon. wink

Meanwhile, I've moved this question from you from Original Fiction into Fanfic Related. Just because more people visit FR than the OF folder and so more will see it and hopefully give you what you need!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#141765 09/28/03 09:31 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A severely broken or injured hip can require replacment in some cases. In other cases it can require surgery, bed rest, a cast, or limited mobility- sometimes for months.

A twisted or bruised hip would cause difficulty walking for about a week, or until it healed. As always, once anything has been injured it will always be slightly weaker and more susceptible to reinjury.

As to a bullet wound in a shoulder, it would depend where in the shoulder it hit. If it broke a bone, if would require a cast and cause limited mobility. A severe wound could require indepth surgery. However, if it simply hit muscle, it would require only minor surgery {assuming it didn't hit anything vital} and limited mobility.

Basically, you can decide the severity of the injuries and go from there.

Imagine.
#141766 09/28/03 09:55 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A while back, someone posted a link to a page for fanfic writers doing medical stuff... it's primarily for fanfic of ER, but it looks like it's got all sorts of useful stuff, and lots of links, too.

http://www.geocities.com/aemarshall99/medlinks.html

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#141767 09/28/03 03:42 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#141768 09/29/03 03:45 AM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Thanks for your help, every one! smile And yes, Lab Rat, I'm working hard. shock

If I can't be a good example, I'll just have to settle for being a horrible warning. ::Shifty Eyes::

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard