Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
FIRST:

I came across one story that I can't get to:

In the S5 series - CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME, by Sandy Mc Dermin. I was instructed to write her at - smcdermin@erols.com, but my messeges just keep being returned with fatal error (unable to deliver). Does anyone know how to reach Sandy. I would love to finish reading S5 before I get to S6, but with this story missing - I'm missing a step. Has anyone out there read it?

SECOND:

I was reading a story by Rachel M. called "The Almost-Forgotten Planet and Person". The story ends in mid-sentence. I tried sending Rachel an e-mail at - LnCSwing@AOL.COM, which is the address in the story header, but again, my e-mails are returned as unable to deliver. Does anyone know how to reach Rachel? I'd love to finish the story.

Any ideas, please post here or send me e-mail at pumpkin188@earthlink.net.

Thanks to all,
Linda/ultrawoman

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Linda,

See your email! smile

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Sandy has a new email. It's mcdermin@his.com

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
help

Thanks for Sandy's new address. I appreciate the help.

Does anyone have any ideas about how I can reach Rachel? I'm really eager to get the ending of her story "The Almost-Forgotten Planet and People"

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Linda. I've just pulled up this story on the Fanfic Archive and it's intact. So you'll find it there. Enjoy!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
whinging

Hi LabRat,

Thank you for responding.

I just went back to the story. I searched by author and title. Both are still incomplete. The the story I see ends as follows:

"Zara! Ching! What are you doing here?"

"We were just about to ask you the sa

If you can see "the end" than there is a problem on my end. Any suggestions?

Do you know how to contact Rachel M.? Is there someone who can send the story to me via e-mail?

HELP PLEASE!!!

Thanks,
Linda/ultrawoman

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Linda, it's definitely complete on the Archive. Try reloading from the server instead of from cache - you could clear your cache, or simply hold down the shift key at the same time as you click the 'refresh' button. That should work.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
help
WENDY,

Please disregard the above reply. I goofed.

Originally posted by Linda Black:
Originally posted by Wendymr:
[b] Linda, it's definitely complete on the Archive. Try reloading from the server instead of from cache - you could clear your cache, or simply hold down the shift key at the same time as you click the 'refresh' button. That should work.

Wendy smile
[/b]
??I do not understand 'reloading from the server instead of from cache'. I did try using the shift key and clicking on refresh. It did not work.

This was not the only story I have had trouble getting. I run into 'PAGE CANNOT BE FOUND' alot!!!

I was just in the Soulmate Chronicles, and I can't get to any of those stories.

Any help would be greately appreciated.

BY THE WAY - YEAH!
thumbsup

I did get 'The Almost-Forgotten Planet and Person' and 'Charity Begins at Home'.

twins

THANKS MUCH Liz and LabRat!!!

Linda/ultrawoman

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I deleted your 'goof' post, Linda. I don't know what you thought the problem was with it - but just for future reference, you can always edit a post you've made. Just click on the icon above your post that looks like a pad and pen. That'll let you access the post to make any changes you want. You can't delete a post, but if you indicate that you'd like it to be deleted, one of the admins/mods can do that for you. smile

Is your problem with the Soulmates Chronicles stories a different one? You say you can't access the files at all, rather than getting into the file and it being incomplete? Once again, they're showing up fine when I checked them just now. So it definitely looks as though the problem is with your system or server.

Do you use a firewall? I can't imagine that that would let you into some files but not others, but you never know.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You reminded me that my website has a page devoted to the SoulMates Chronicles -- when I checked it, tho, I found my links to the files on the archive weren't working. My links were all to www.lcfanfic.actwd.com . When I took out the ".actwd" part, they worked again. Probably that's not what's happening here, but I thought I'd mention it.

Anyway, I fixed the links, if you want to try a different way in, Linda. Plus my page has the cool posters that Zoomway made up for each of the four stories smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Are you using a dial-up connection? When I was on dial-up I sometimes had problems getting an entire story to load. I remember my frustration at trying to read "Meet Me in St. Louis" because the entire story wouldn't load. The problem's been solved with a high-speed cable connection.

Also you may try cleaning out your cache. Click on Tools at the top of your screen, then Internet Options. Click on Delete Files, click the little box that says "Delete all offline content" and click OK. That frees up space on your harddrive and makes surfing easier.

Marilyn
Check out our blog at www.writingplayground.blogspot.com

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard