Next Thread
Print Thread
#141626 09/21/03 02:43 PM
Ingra Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm a Lois and Clark fan, but I always wondered
what would happen if Clark had met a woman that not only liked him for himself but also respected and admired Superman, even if in the end Clark and Lois would be together. I'd like to see Lois reaction and how Clark would deal with a possible love interest that is not Mayson nor Lana. If you know any fics I'd apreciate.

Ingra

Clark: What is that?
Lois: It's my word.
Clark: There is no such word.
Lois: Sure there is. Someone's a chump, therefore, he's chumpy.
Clark: Try again.
Lois: Are you challenging me?
Clark: You bet your sweet little chumpy I am.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It's a post marriage fic that doesn't really put the relationship in danger, but "Conflict of Interest" over in the archives definitely shows a Lois becoming a bit insecure about her place as Clark's wife.

Did is a word of achievement
Won't is a word of retreat
Might is a word of bereavement
Can't is a word of defeat
Ought is a word of duty
Try is a word of each hour
Will is a word of beauty
Can is a word of power

--Author Unknown
Ingra Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Michael,

It took me a long time to read the story and although I'm not a Clark/Diana fan and this was not exactly what I was looking for, I appreciate smile . Thank you.

Ingra

Clark: What is that?
Lois: It's my word.
Clark: There is no such word.
Lois: Sure there is. Someone's a chump, therefore, he's chumpy.
Clark: Try again.
Lois: Are you challenging me?
Clark: You bet your sweet little chumpy I am.
Merriwether
Merriwether
This is actually an interesting question, and one I've wondered about myself. Obviously, Lois and Clark are destined to be together, but I agree that it would be very interesting to have him meet someone who really could give Lois a run for her money. Clark wouldn't actually fall in love with the woman, but I would love to see him going out on a date with someone besides Lois, and seeing how that plays out, from both his and her perspective. I can see him making a lot of comparisons, both positive and negative (depending on when the story is set, Lois could either be treating him like dirt or being his close friend but "nothing more"). And I could see Lois really having to take stock of the situation if it looks like Clark might actually have a new girlfriend.

Now certainly we've had stories where Lois goes out with Dan and mentally compares him to Clark, and I remember Carol Malo wrote an interesting one where Clark goes out with Mayson and does the same thing, unable to stop thinking of Lois. But I like the idea of it being a new character. Mayson was ultimately "safe" as far as Clark was concerned because of her dislike for Superman, but what if the woman didn't have this major fault? What if -- gasp! -- Lois couldn't even find a good reason to dislike her? What if they even double-dated somehow? (I'm thinking of that great scene in "When Harry Met Sally" where it was clear that Harry and Sally's dates were much more suited for each other than either of them, LOL!) I think that would make for a darn fun story. smile

Sorry I can't think of any titles to point you to, Ingra, but I agree that it would be an interesting premise. I've actually had an idea in mind that might fit the bill, but, alas, I'm too busy with my current projects to do more than mull it over from time to time. But maybe someone else will pick up the idea and run with it. smile I know I'd like to read it, too. smile

Kathy

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard