Print Thread
#141389 09/03/03 10:45 AM
Y
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Y
Hi everyone smile

I am working on a re-write of AKA Superman (which at 20 pages currently is longer than my last 4 stories put together smile1 ) and I am having trouble with the A Plot (I know, eek, AliciaU is trying to write an A Plot razz ).

I have brainstormed on IRC and it has given me a few really great ideas (thanks Pam, and everyone else who has helped me), but now I have too many ideas and I need to sort of trim it down to exactly what I want to write. Plus, I have never written a good A Plot (or a good story with *any* plot for that matter).

I already have a beta reader who helps me a lot, but I think I need a couple of different opinions because I am really confused about what to do :rolleyes: and it is making me crazy dizzy . I am pretty sure I know what I want to do for the b-plot and it might eventually turn into an nfic (well, probably not because I can't write nfic, but I will keep the possibility open). But the a-plot is another story entirely. Plus, while I like the beginning of the story, the later parts just don't read well to me. They seem sort of . . . flat.

The part that I showed some people on IRC yesterday was the part that I am mostly happy with. The later part that I pasted right before I had to go to class and the new part that I was working on today just don't read well and I am not sure how to make them better.

This story is probably going to end up being pretty long (although I tend to get bored of writing around 100 pages, so it isn't going to be a huge epic or anything), but I am going at a snail's pace right now because school has been keeping me pretty busy.

So, basically, I am crying for help. I need another beta reader (or readers) that can tear my story to shreds -- I love constructive criticism. I would really appreciate seeing more than one point of view.

If anyone is willing to help me, please either post here or email me at lxu2@cwru.edu.

Thanks in advance,

- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#141390 09/03/03 12:07 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'd love to try and help, Laura! But I'd better warn you - I dip, and I dip deeply! goofy

Ursie

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
#141391 09/04/03 02:35 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Alicia,

I'd be happy to help as well!

=)

I'm new to the boards, but I've been writing for a while now (14 yrs) and I could help out with some of the finer points, and to help with some punch to the story.

Let me know.

Bella (who loves nfic and plot together)

blush

Lois : And you know, you put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark : "And I love you. Did we just make up?"
Lois : "I think so."

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard