Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: YellowDartVader Wanted: Beta Reader(s) - 09/03/03 02:45 PM
Hi everyone smile

I am working on a re-write of AKA Superman (which at 20 pages currently is longer than my last 4 stories put together smile1 ) and I am having trouble with the A Plot (I know, eek, AliciaU is trying to write an A Plot razz ).

I have brainstormed on IRC and it has given me a few really great ideas (thanks Pam, and everyone else who has helped me), but now I have too many ideas and I need to sort of trim it down to exactly what I want to write. Plus, I have never written a good A Plot (or a good story with *any* plot for that matter).

I already have a beta reader who helps me a lot, but I think I need a couple of different opinions because I am really confused about what to do :rolleyes: and it is making me crazy dizzy . I am pretty sure I know what I want to do for the b-plot and it might eventually turn into an nfic (well, probably not because I can't write nfic, but I will keep the possibility open). But the a-plot is another story entirely. Plus, while I like the beginning of the story, the later parts just don't read well to me. They seem sort of . . . flat.

The part that I showed some people on IRC yesterday was the part that I am mostly happy with. The later part that I pasted right before I had to go to class and the new part that I was working on today just don't read well and I am not sure how to make them better.

This story is probably going to end up being pretty long (although I tend to get bored of writing around 100 pages, so it isn't going to be a huge epic or anything), but I am going at a snail's pace right now because school has been keeping me pretty busy.

So, basically, I am crying for help. I need another beta reader (or readers) that can tear my story to shreds -- I love constructive criticism. I would really appreciate seeing more than one point of view.

If anyone is willing to help me, please either post here or email me at lxu2@cwru.edu.

Thanks in advance,

- Laura smile
Posted By: Xanabee Re: Wanted: Beta Reader(s) - 09/03/03 04:07 PM
I'd love to try and help, Laura! But I'd better warn you - I dip, and I dip deeply! goofy

Ursie
Posted By: Ldynte Re: Wanted: Beta Reader(s) - 09/04/03 06:35 AM
Alicia,

I'd be happy to help as well!

=)

I'm new to the boards, but I've been writing for a while now (14 yrs) and I could help out with some of the finer points, and to help with some punch to the story.

Let me know.

Bella (who loves nfic and plot together)

blush
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards